Monday 28 July 2014

WEEKEND DOWNLOAD - REMINISCE


Its Monday already..... Is it me or this month is really fast?  Na wa ooo…Soon tomorrow would be Christmas day  again.  Congratulations to my Muslim brothers and sisters, the moon of shawwal has been sighted so the fasting period is over (*yaay for them*)..May God accept the fasting and prayers as an act of Ibadah. Eid-el-Mubarak..(I think I try…for a non-muslim *I'm expecting my cow when the time is right*). Now that the fasting is over, what next na?...Thanks to you guys my sleep on Monday and Tuesday is sure…God bless una jare’. I didn't really do much over the weekend sha. I listened to every one's advice as regards my almost depression mode…(trust me depression is impossible with a boo like mine*)....Thanks guys and my laptop is working well now. It just needed to get dry..... You all are the bestest in the world**kisses**.

Since I don't have plenty money to travel out of Nigeria (yet ni oo…vacation plans loading…LOL), I decided to go visit a friend of mine. Her mum owns a school and it was their end of the session party so I was really happy to go..(#party rice...... who likes party rice as much as I do? I LOVE party rice.... its just different from your regular concoction shey?). When I got there, the kids were having the cultural dance presentation and immediately I saw them, I remembered my primary school days and how I was back then.


The throw back down memory lane was a bitter-sweet one. I remembered my happy, cute, smart self (*sweet*) and another experience that is actually the center piece of today's post. Here is my story (like in Nollywood movies, we are going to the past…remembrance mode….so you should be imagining this in black &white)
When my mum decided to leave my dad, I was still very young (3 years old) and she left with nothing. No money, no clothes, no provision, we just left because it was already a matter of life and death (I’m sure you’ve read the letter to my father if not see it here so you can understand what I’m saying). We were completely broke and almost helpless so you can imagine how hard it was for her. But despite the situation, God remained God; Merciful, loving and the almighty provider. I was lucky enough to attend private schools (both primary and secondary) and trust me when I say I was (and still) a very brilliant girl..... *did I just see someone yinmu? If you yinmu ehn I swear I will come and deal with you....with my cane**straight face**. Anyways, I was the head girl of my Primary school so you can imagine what every school party was like for me. I had to be involved in all the activities (that was the rule of the school....that must have been really stressful for me....I think?).
On one of our school party days, my mum and sisters were in attendance and my mum didn't know she was going to be on the high table with the chairman, proprietor of the school and some big big people..(Divine promotion things o). Let me say again, we weren't boxed up after we left my father. We were just being catered for by God.  On this day, my Mother had only about N200 on her and it must have been for feeding and transport sef.  So there I was, cute little me, dancing and shaking my small bum bum and big head (I didn't mention that I have a very big head sha.... not as bad as you think o... ehn ehn). Every time I came out, all the parents, proprietor and those big people on the high table will stand and spray me money but my beloved mother couldn't do same. I didn't even notice sef. I mean I was still a child. I was just feeling rich because I was thinking all the money that was being sprayed was going to go into my small piggy bank *jonzing*. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I was announced as the best student in my class. My mum came out, took pictures and just went to sit while the proprietor gave me money *can't remember how much o*. I remember she was looking not so happy but could I just care less.... I must have been really dumb as a child sha**covers face**.

On our way home, not far from the school, my mum started complaining of a terrible headache and not long after, she fainted. I was scared at seeing my mum fall to the ground but the food I was going to eat when I got home and the money I had made happened to be more important. My elder sisters did the panicking and I was doing the fantasizing..(you know na…I just got paid..*pops collar*). When she eventually came through, she started crying. It’s not so clear anymore but I think she was apologizing to me for not doing so much for me on that day.
Till tomorrow, I'm living my life for that woman. God help me she's going to be the happiest mother on earth. I hope my story was not too long *covers face*. I think God took me to that school to remind me of where I am coming from and my promise to repay my mother for her sweat, tears, blood and her labor for me. God bless you mummy.

At my friends mum’s school (now we are back to the present…so think in HD..LOL), I didn't really take pictures though because I was too tired and it was raining cats and dogs. I also had to help in the little way I could so there was no time to take pictures (ema binu *on my knees*…I’m sorry).

 To every child and mother (and aspiring mothers too) reading this, I know you may not have all the luxury in life right now but please don't ever give up. Mothers, don't give up on your children. Train them with your last penny if possible...... giving up would only add to the problems. Children (when I say children, I mean everyone reading this and is not a mother yet), don't ever feel like your parents have and they don't want to give, nor complain that they don’t have at all. Just make do with the little you have and leave the rest to God. Moby loves you any day anytime. Have a fabulous week ahead. Mwaaahh*…Bless ya!

16 comments :

  1. Oh mami...It is well...beautiful kids tho....I love traditional stuffs like this...hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Moby, things must have been really tough for you.you know what I just realized,these things don't bother you anymore so you're comfortable talking about it.... I mean ur dad issue and all.I pray God blesses you enough so you can be the woman your mum has worked hard for you to be.those kids look adorable. Happy Eid-mubarak moby.come and chop rice in my house o so it won't waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they don't. I've forgiven and I'm in the process of forgetting. Amen. Thank you. You didn't include your address na. I would have come o but thanks for the invite *mwahhh*

      Delete
  3. Wow, Moby your story really touch me, and as soon as i'm done with this post I will read your letter to your father - i'm impatiently waiting. I can imagine how difficult it was for you guys then but you survived - God is indeed awesome, and I must say your mum is a strong woman - bless her! Btw, those kids are absolutely adorable - nostalgia takes over :) May God guard and guide you and mummy xoxoxoxoxoxxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moby can I chip in here that you are wonderful.your mum did a good work on you.I've said it before and I'll say it again....I NEED TO MEET YO MAMA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...really? Thanks Bukky. Don't worry you would meet Iya Dayo very soon *winks*

      Delete
  5. Moms are the bestest. Look how well you turned out to be. I remember doing cultural dance in primary school, good days when I gat no worries

    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless your mother Moby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank God you're doing very well. Love to your mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. The happy part of this story is that y'all turned out ok(just being modest;))

    God bless our mums who have had to make extra sacrifices for thier kids.... it's tough being a mum even with a supportive and financially alright dad!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*