Wednesday 9 July 2014

MOBY + CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE = UNKNOWN


**singing** “Children of God would you shout alleluia...Oya shout alleluia till you’re done reading this post”...LOL... Beta pikins...what's happening y’all... I'm sure you're doing very well... Its already the 9th day of July. Its like this month is running. Abeg who dey pursue July o? Calm down o.

So guys, I noticed since I did the big chop the only thing I did for my hair was wash with black soap, use conditioner, rinse out and just put olive oil or coconut oil whenever I laid my hands on one. I didn't even have a satin bonnet to save my hair from all the ‘jarunpaing’ at night.

All my other natural friends didn't let me rest with stories of how to take care of my hair. So I woke up one morning and decided to pay some attention to my hair without ending up a product junkie. So far I've tried the coconut oil deep-in conditioner, the egg + mayonnaise + honey deep conditioner, turning up-side-down to let your hair grow an inch every day (you go fear na), massaging scalp five minutes every day, and some I can't mention here...(I don nearly turn my hair to cooked food) .. So yesterday, while I was trimming my split ends (more like cutting half of my hair....still not gotten a hang of the trimming part LOL), my cousin told me she had a dream. She said in her dream, the rats in my house ate my hair through my satin bonnet and I was crying. Let me digress a little.... The rats in my house...GADDAMMIT....they are no respecter of class, age, sex, religion and muscle. They can kill and eat anything or anybody...I’m serious ooo... Very little things and they never die.. Such EVUULLS...that’s a story for another day.
So do I think the rats in my house will eat my hair because of the things I've been feeding it with?...(LOL all the food) Maybe...*sad face*. But I must do all I have to, to make my hair healthy. So I've decided to take on the castor oil challenge.

There are lots of benefits of the castor oil....

* The anti-bacterial and anti-fungicidal properties of Ricinoleic acid in castor oil protect the scalp and hair from infections which can cause hair loss.
* Castor oil contains omega-9 fatty acids that prevents your scalp from drying out and also nourishes your hair from its roots.

* Castor oil is a humectant as it draws moisture into the hair and skin. Applying castor oil on hair will keep it looking soft, shiny and strong.
* Castor oil coats the hair shaft and helps with the smoothness of the cuticle layer, sealing in moisture and leaving the hair feeling soft and silky. It is more easily absorbed by the hair, allowing for deeper penetration into the hair shaft. Rubbing castor oil into your scalp and roots on a regular basis aids rapid re-growth of loss hair and also thickens the ones already growing. You can also experiment with castor oil for hair on your ends. This rich, thick oil will help your ends become shiny and hide the appearance of frizzy, damaged, and split ends. Over time, as you trim damaged hair, you'll notice your hair won't develop split ends as easily.

Castor oil also thickens eyelashes and eyebrows. You could use it on them too. I've been trying it on my lashes and I can see results already
Unblended highlight....stole this pic from the eyebrow post


How cool can just one thing be??. ...
So I'll be doing this challenge for three months. I want to see what my hair would look like and seeing that my hairline is receding, I want to see the magic this oil would do.

Mama Ijebu hairline *covers face*

I'll be applying castor oil + coconut oil (to reduce the thickness of castor oil) 4 times a week and wash my hair at the end of every week. This is what my start up hair looks like....

I'll see you at the end of September to show you what my hair looks like. Who wants to join me in this challenge? Show yourself now o......and lets do this together...for science.. LOL...

Be cool guys...Bless

17 comments :

  1. Moby you just started na. Go and ask all your ogas what they put in their hair. My bestie is a naturalista and she just devotes a day out of the week to takecare of her hair. The whole day o. 24hours, I'm not lying. So goodluck to you. But I think you have tendency of being a product junkie...you sound like someone that cares too much and takes good care of herself. New product junkie alert....runz away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way. I won't be a product junkie. You are the 3rd person telling me...*sad face* I refuse to be a junkie *walks away*

      Delete
  2. Castor oil is very good, I use it when I install Ghana braids and not a single strand falls off after taking it down. As am too lazy to do this, I'll join you in spirit.
    In between I bought the jack 5 gel and am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really??? Yaaaay @jack5ive gel // please join me na...amaka don't leave me on this journey na *sad face*

      Delete
  3. Turning up side down? Really? Hahahaha..pele o. Sha don't go and cook your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered the Jamaican black castor oil, will get it today, so I'll be joining you *whoop whoop* although i don't have coconut oil atm, I'll mix it with another oil...let the challenge begin *puts on my game face -_- *

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled on ur blog from miss petites blog...and guess what I went through everything from may...and I must say u doing a great job...I love the eyebrows and gele tutorials...mwah plenty.....that naughty house wife...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll join you Moby. I can't wait for my locs to get long.
    www.anuoluwapoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am with u in prayer lol....gooo girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahn ahn....Oluwabibs... Join me in this race na *bats lashes*

      Delete
  8. At the risk of sounding dumb...(then again I can be dumb).... Mami....I used to associate anything castor oil with labour pains....I mean in my country, the midwives have to give the pregnant ladies castor oil to speed up labour....*****scratches head****. Mamacita...I'm confused tho..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really??? Well I'm guessing there are different types of castor oil then. I'll do a research on it then I'll send it to you my opinion Tibs

      Delete
  9. Why don't you buy Rat glue for d rats? It works like magic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was considering joining this natural hair meme..... but i don't think i have this kind of power...

    E ku ise naa...... *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this blog,,...........hsafdliew

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*