Sunday 20 July 2014

THE WORD FOR TODAY - THE REAL DEFINITION


Enoch lived sixty-five years, and became the father of Methuselah. Then Enoch walked with God three hundred years after he became the father of Methuselah, and he had other sons and daughters.’
-Gen 5:21-22(NASB)

Most often, we cry out to God and tell Him, we want more of Him in our lives, but have we ever stopped to think that God is also reaching out to us telling us that He wants more of us......Where is God in the midst of our ambitions, goals and pursuits? The bible recorded the life of Enoch in two parts, he lived sixty five years and became the father of Methuselah...., no mention of God was made in this part of his life, God was not in the picture, he was probably crying out, ‘more of you oh God’, but was not responding to God’s call of more of him(Enoch), perhaps God was just punctuations in his life, perhaps God was just a full stop at the end of his sentences, which meant that he only showed up at the end of every week in church.
Nevertheless, there was another definition of Enoch’s life, Verse 22, recalls that Enoch walked with God, so after he birthed Methuselah, he had an encounter that made him walk with God for the rest of his life, so much so that God took him(He was not), he did not die, but was translated to glory. His life’s definition was simply God, there was no two way about it.
We are being challenged today to examine ourselves (2 Cor 13:5), what is the definition of my life? Is my life centred on God? Am I just WORKING for God or am I WALKING with God, Paul referred to this in 1 Cor 9:27, ‘But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.’
What is the definition of your life? God is saying, ‘child, I want more of you’. The real definition is GOD at the centre!
SELAH!

Have a great Week ahead!

Confession
The definition of my life is God, I will not just work for God, but walk with God day by day! Halleluyah!

SOURCE: Jola and Dexter Akin-Alamu

6 comments :

  1. God I want more of you. Please come into my life and take control. I want to walk with you for the rest of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory be to God.....moby happy one year ann God bless ur relatnshp more ijn..love u gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey mami....I can't seem to be able to read this.....beautiful font buh mehn......I am struggling mami......everything is very weird to my eyes.....I mean I think I read somewhere 'I will be buying Tibs a limo '.....not sure tho buh if that is what you wrote....I can't turn a limo down mehn........pls mamacita a lil help.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...Tibs you are abnormally funny. I'll buy you a limo if you want *mwaaaah*

      Delete
  4. True words...

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com
    http://facebook.com/journalofapetitediva

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*