Thursday 24 July 2014

RANT - SEASON 7 BY ANU


Hello beautiful people. Its Thursday and its another rant day *yipeeeeee.... shaking my small bombom*. I think I'm beginning to love rant days. Its just always real and funny and above all, the truth. This platform is opened to anyone and everyone. If there's something that you just want to take off your chest so you can sleep well, you just send me a mail and trust that my beautiful mobylizers would be of help. I realize that when there's something bugging or pissing me off, the only way I can truly forgive and forget is when I talk to someone about it. That's what started the rant posts....so if you are like me and you just need someone to talk to, please send your rant to moby.amusu@gmail.com. You can check all the rant post in Seasons. Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4 and Season 5.


So today's rant is by a blogger like myself. Her name is Anu and you can check out her blog here. She put up the post below on her blog and I just connected to it so I asked her if I could share and she said 'please do'. She's so nice and her blog is amazing. You should check it out. To people who sent in rant mails, don't worry, I will post very soon. Just keep checking and it would be your name in the post title. Let's read Anu's rant now........


If not that I've made up my mind not to let things get to me easily, I would have schooled a babe yesterday. Funny enough I admire her from afar, her strive to hustle I mean. We used to visit once in a while as kids courtesy of our moms. So we say hi when we run into each other. She thought to advertise something to me and said "Hey, check this and that." My mind was close to thinking insults then I thought "could she be referring to me, naah she isn't" so I ignored.

I find myself greeting almost everyone I run into, even strangers. I often see surprise on the faces of some. They wonder why I would be greeting them when I don't know them or need anything from them. Our society is one in which we're surprised when people do what they ought to do, e. g., politicians. It amuses me, in a bad way, when a kid I'm much older not only doesn't know he should greet me and refuses to respond to my greetings. Do you want me to school your kids for you? We are breeding ill-mannered children. Why then do we complain of the scarcity of gentlemen and ladies? Your jazz must be a "serious something" for you to believe that your spoilt brat would turn out a lady. Your girl doesn't say "good evening, thank you, bless you, sorry, please" and you're happy? Please give yourself a knock on the head and cry for 5 minutes. Then begin to teach her to be who she deserves to be.

The babe that messaged me lacks essential social skills and culture. That I'm not a "Dangote" or being younger than she is doesn't demand respect? You don't show respect because of societal/financial status/age. You show respect because you desire to be respected. Treat people how you want to be treated or stay in your house alone. We should be taught not as adults but as early as possible. Please school your little ones so they can make you happy when you're old and grey. If you're not cultured, please learn.

MOBY SPEAKS.... This is a very crucial issue. I really do not understand what's going on with this generation. It seems like it is everywhere. I have a niece and 2 nephews and I spank them when they do anything wrong. I wonder if that has stopped in our country where we cherish respect so much. Maybe I'm still old school but what happened to spanking a child when he/she does anything wrong?  I remember as a little child, when my mum gets back from work, you stop everything you're doing to go meet her at the door, carry her bag and greet her well...they did not born you well not to stand up when Iya Dayo arrives from work.. you will go and look for another mother. You can't go out with my mother and say you won't greet. My mum greets everyone even an okada man and you must do likewise. Where has our culture and respect gone to? Please let's try and instill morals into our children irrespective of who and what we are trying to copy. I hope someone reads this and understands where we are coming from. Thank you and have a fabulous day.



14 comments :

  1. This is becoming worrisome.I thought I was the only one seeing all these things.children of this day are just very spoilt.its like we are in the generation of spoilt rotten children.may God help us.its even beginning to look like I'm old fashioned.well said Anu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neigbour's kids don't don't greet at all. One is a grown teenager (like 17yrs old), another one is like 13yrs. So they are knowledgeable of what r doing. I pity the parents cus the one that is 17yrs beat up a lady. Very uncultured, ill-mannered kids. I don't know if I should scold them one day.

    I try as much as possible 2 great even aboki at the gate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT? @17years old beating up an adult. I would kill that child if I was the one. Muriel please don't scold them o before they beat you up. You can just talk to their parent or guardian to do something because I know they would be very rude. I like you too much to let you be insulted by some kids. Ok?

      Delete
  3. Okk if that's the case I need to be spanked too cos I only greet people I know.
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayam coming to spank you Tosin. Just send your house address and I'll coming with the Elders to deal with you. I'm waiting for the address o.

      Delete
  4. Hmmmnnn.... I don't think its so important to greet. I mean just say hello and that's it. Thinks have changed.we are in the new era so y'all should get used to it. Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So new era means we shld not have sense??...I mean if something bad happens to your enemy, say an accident...shld you be rescued only by someone you know or knows you??...dats d lamest excuse for mediocrity....its courtesy,common sense and good manners to greet people you come in contact with....be nice to people u meet on your way up, you might need them on your way down. And Afolabi tosyne..yes u need to be flogged! Immenselyrotf

      Delete
    2. Anon 19:15, things have changed. Sense or no sense, no one cares about greeting. If that's all you care about, then please remain there.....in the old era.

      Delete
    3. Hello is greeting now,lol. Depends on who you're greeting though. Thanks for your kind words Moby and Chi. I'll do that Bukky, Lol

      Delete
  5. Moby you are so funny.you and this your mummy.big LOL@ going to look for another mother when you don't do well. I would really love to meet her sef.Anu just take it easy.I went to my niece's school this week for their end of session party and the speech the principal gave was so annoying.he was telling the parent to talk to children instead of spanking because that's a better way of communicating with a child and then he also said we shouldn't say No to our children but rather give them alternative.I just taya for where I siddon.before you know it,our own kids will start calling 911 for us.God have mercy.
    I didn't check for typos because I'm too annoyed so please ignore any typo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also heard the same thing o Bukky. They said spanking a child is child abuse. For a minute I was beginning to question myself if correcting a child and abusing a child is the same thing. I just taya. That principal needs a lil spanking.

      Delete
  6. I don't like greeting random people especially on my street cos I cherish my privacy. Once you start greeting, they want to get familiar and start poke nosing into your affairs. Imagine, any day am off work and I walk down my street, can't count how many people ask me why am not @ work, to d extent I don't go out when am off work. I just stay indoors. Nigerians are too inquisitive and their gbeborun no know limit. So am sorry, I don't subscribe to all these greetings. And why is it that most times, people expect you to greet first? Miss the days I was living in an estate, you go out and come back without anybody monitoring your movement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally true Mobi. Its sad that morals and respect are fast becoming a thing of the past in this BlackBerry Generation. I mean a smallie considers himself too big to greet all cause he is the same height with me, and I am like: Nawa oh... E go better. :)

    Thanks for stopping over at the Young and Confused blog. Hehehe your comment cracked me up a lot. Please don't leave us oh, i cant handle no run away lofer, biko.. Cheers Bubba.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*