Sunday 1 June 2014

RANT...... EPISODE 3!!!!!!!! BY CHARLES

Hello guys. Please don't ask where I've been. I think I caught the lazy-blogging fever for a minute. Or maybe two days sha. I think this is the point where I get to apologize. I'm soweeee *puppy eyes*. Okay that already out of the way, let's get down to today's business. I got this rant some days ago but I just taya to post am. This Rant-ee is a very angry rant-ee and he's pouring his mind out here. If you have any advice for him, you can leave it in the comment section. Thanks guys *mwwaahhh*



Nigerian Reality Shits…..oh sorry…Shows…….My Rant.....

Ok Hello every one. I’m not sure if there’s a particular greeting style here so please pardon me if I am not conforming to the norm.
So to my tirade; I have always had my reservations for Nigerian reality shows / competitions. Up until now, I only delivered my bluster at informal arguments and discussions with friends and colleagues. But now, for the first time, Imma harangue some of these shows (past and present). Not that I totally hate the shows or the idea(s) behind them (trust me I respect and appreciate the work in creating and running them) but I feel a little more planning, thinking, strategy application, more thinking, et al., would help the overall quality of these shows.

The worst Nigerian reality show for me (thank God it died in its first season) is/was “the koko mansion”…I mean what were they thinking (oh! my bad, they weren’t). The show did not have a direction, no planning, an irrelevant concept (was D’banj supposed to marry the winner? or what was he looking for the winner for?....sex?). The show lacked creativity, spontaneity and idea.  The most interesting part of that show was watching the vocabulary attack on Nigerians by ‘kokolet Rita’ (the bombs she was sharing….diaris God ).That show wasted air time, view time, and my time (they shoulda hired me for concept).
Recently, I watched Nigerian Idol and during one of the performances, I got extremely disappointed with what I was seeing. Just then, it hit me. It is called NIGERIAN idol for crying out loud, how and why would contestants perform foreign songs (songs they would obviously spoil for us listeners). What happened to good Nigerian songs? What happened to good numbers by our Yinka davies, our Onyeka Owenu, Sunny Ade, Alex o, Alex Zito……we have our talented Sunny Nneji, Paul Play Dairo, Tunde and Wunmi Obe, Resonance, Dare Art Alade, Ty Bello, Lara George, Tuface Idibia,  Asa, Sound Sultan, Jhadel,  Praiz, Kenny Kore, Iyanya (before he lost it)..and the list is endless…These people have beautiful, well produced songs that could be ranked at par with many of the foreign songs…But No!   Nigerian Idols would rather perform American songs…In my opinion, a Nigerian would not be able to sing a foreign song as good as the foreign artist because we come from different climes, the general voice pitch, tone and all of those wahala of the West is a lot different from ours…we are the Eba eating ones…they eat grass and other similar stuff, so when you tell someone from here to sing a song from there, the person would already be messing the song up even before the mouth is opened. It’s like watching a video recorded with a HD camera on a common vacuum tube TV, or watching a 3D movie without 3D glasses. There are a few of us (by us I mean Nigerians, minus me though…I’ll deafen a deaf horse with my voice) that can sing as good as the Beyonces and the Mariah Carey dem…but wouldn’t it be better if we used our own songs????? Wouldn’t it be easier to judge performances??? Wake up and Step up Naija. If it’s the franchise agreement, then we should just call it “the Idol” and not portray Nigeria like a nation without talents.

There are many (MANY) shows in Nigeria today (most lack originality though) but I would end my rant here…….for now. I just want Nigeria to be able to hold her own and try to be as good as our foreign counterparts. Hope you had a nice read. Stay blessed. Cheers.
Dear Disappointed Rant-ee,
You sound very disappointed and I feel your pain. You made a whole lot of good points but at this point, I'm letting the people and the Elders calm you down because me sef don they vex. I didn't watch Koko Mansion so I don't think I feel your pain on that one.

Who else agrees with our anonymous rant-ee?

9 comments :

  1. Why are you ranting? If its so much of an issue then why do watch tv? Ungrateful nigerians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles is only stating an obvious fact. Why are you so angry? Or you are a producer of one of these reality shows?

      Delete
  2. Lmao....@sound sultan...but he sings well na......abeg I feel charles jhare...its true why would u sing foreign songs at Nigerian idols...why?...abeg dat 2nd comment is probly one of d idea-less Nigerians dt wld produce dumb shows too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch koko mansion. My grouse with most musical reality shows is it doesn't really reflect who the most talented is in terms of the winner. Take project fame as an example. Infact remembering it is vexing me. Lemme calm down

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why are you so angry? Have you eaten tonight? Please go and do so then come back. Jobless nigerian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oga Charlesy, take am easy o.I don talk my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats up very nice website!! Guy .. Beautiful ..
    Wonderful .. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also?
    I am glad to seek out so many helpful info here within the put up,
    we'd like work out extra strategies in this
    regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

    Here is my web-site play minecraft free

    ReplyDelete
  7. It signifies that for the borrowing of 500, you will must repay an volume of 600 or maybe more after a month
    not fake there can be a large
    amount of advice available telling entrepreneurs to outsource everything
    on the other hand core competency, but that advice just doesn't be
    the better choice.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*