Tuesday 22 July 2014

MY DIRTY LITTLE MAKEUP SECRET


Hello guys...**Eyin Mobylizers toh bhad**…(yep...Damn I'm razz *covers face*)…How are we doing though? I am doing extra good today. Well I got a beautiful chocolate cake (my fav) celebrating my one year anniversary with boo. Is that something people celebrate? Well It was soooo cute. If you want to hear the full gist, well meet me in dreamland tonight *winks*  
I want to tell you all one secret. It’s something I used to do ‘before before’ being the economist that I am (I can manage for Africa....GADDAMIT.....*shakes head for myself*). Thank God I'm not from Ijebu (all my Ijebu fans, what's up…ewe so oo..LOL). So when I was learning makeup artistry, my oga then used to use plenty ‘big big’ name products. Her box was as big as a house and in my mind I'm like “is this lady going to use all these on someone's face”???. Anyway, since I couldn't get all those big name products (back then ni oo…God has blessed me now.... somebody shout Halleluyah!).., I decided to improvise with the ones I could get. Trust me you do not want to hear all my dirty little makeup secrets. But I will tell you guys just one. Only one! Maybe another later sha.. but manage this one.

THE EYESHADOW PRIMER
My boss used Mary-kay eye shadow base and one other one I can't remember the name, as primer and I didn't have money to buy these products so whenever she asked me to do any job, I skipped the primer part and just applied eye shadow.....just like that. So when I started on my own, I decided to try a little something. I started using lip gloss as an eye shadow primer *I'm just a genius....don't abuse me just yet o*. Did it work? YES! It worked like magic. And since then, it became one of my little make-up secret moves..*pops collar*
Today, I decided to do something on my face  using the lip gloss for my right eye and NYX Jumbo pencil for my left eye.


Just to show you guys that my invention is /was wonderful (I deserve a prize of recognition or something….I’m up there with Einstein and Faraday…*wink* )This is the outcome of my experiment:



Well, like every invention, there's always a downside…(planes still crash..*rolls eyes*). The lip gloss primer gives a shiny finish. If you are going for a natural look or something simple,  I don't think the lip gloss is okay as primer but if you want a shiny, dramatic look, please go ahead, use it and thank me later..*big grin*. Also you would need to apply more eye shadow on your lid to get your desired look. Asides that tiny pitfall, the lip gloss as primer is a winner.. Thumbs up!. Just blend the lip gloss well before using it and I'm sure you would like it as much as I do.
So do you have any other makeup secrets? I have plenty but I also want to know yours. Let's share our dirty little secrets...I'm waiting….Tell me NOW!.. Stay blessed.


14 comments :

  1. Moby is a genius eya eya o. I don't use eye shadow but I will start now with this kian trick wey I just read. Well done dear and don't hesistate to spill the renaining tricks. I full ground dey wait u

    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tosin yaaay. I dreamt about you. I'm serious no jokes. Peter and paul okoye (psquare) was also in the dream. NOTE: I am not crushing on either of them. I was telling you something about your blog and the sunshine award....the dream was longish jor...I'll give you the gist later. Don't worry you would learn very cheap tricks from me *mwaahhh*

      Delete
  2. yep your a genius...thanks for sharing babe:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm......this is nice tho...I am actually so lazy to apply makeup.....**shrugs**...lemme try this tho...will send you a photo...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cool. Well I have one. Don't know if its a secret sha. I use concealer as my eye shadow primer. It works so well. I'm telling you. Try it moby. Congrats on your anniversary. Where's my cake o before I shout now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, but please upgrade the camera. It makes photos look cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kuku have a better camera. I'm always too lazy to take a selfie with it but cos you have mentioned it, its a done deal. Thanks

      Delete
  6. Hey moby you taught me this one. To have longer lashes, use castor oil. I need to send you pictures of my lashes. People have been asking if I fixed artificial lashes. I don't even like it. I'll keep trying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me I have plenty o but I'll wait for you to finish spilling yours hen I'll tell you mine..hehehehe

    ~moby's biggest fan~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot moby. My eye primer just finished. I don't know if I could try this on customers oo. Lol!! Well I can cus so many people don't know how to makeup. Kudos 4 this invention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol... I need to show my friend that she's not alone. I use a lighter shade of powder to highlight my brow bone if I don't have a concealer

    www.buzzedbybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wendiesfootwears&accessoriesFriday 12 September 2014 at 17:19:00 GMT

    Moby!Moby!u r too much,thumbs up girl

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*