Saturday 7 June 2014

YOU WERE FOOLED....... OR NOT


Hello lovies…Today is looking like it would remain wet...The rain seemed like it would pour forever and I'm hoping it rains today.. I love rainy days though....everywhere always seems calm, friendly, cosy and beautiful. Everything about a rainy day seems just perfect apart from the fact that some places would be muddy and greasy.

Hmmmn…Story Story (hope you replied). This morning, I was having a little discomfort in my stomach like something would tear its way out so I ran to my mum (thank God she was around) so she could help. Now guys, I’ve never told you this but I think in my mum's former life, she was a nurse or doctor because she always has a remedy (mostly alternative to medicine….but she no be Babalawo oo! **raised eye brow**). My mum would cure your illness without prescribing any drug and one way or the other, her methods always worked. Don’t worry you would understand where this gist is going as you read on.
Back to the gist, I told my mum how I was feeling and guess what Iya Dayo (that’s how she’s fondly called) said...
Excerpts:
Scene 1 Act 1
ME: mummy my stomach is paining me o (like she was the one that caused it).
IYA DAYO: Ehn put your saliva on your finger and place on your navel and rub in, you would feel better.
ME: *straight face* + *confused face* + WTF ( I didn’t say that out though)… More like this
IYA DAYO: Do it first and see if it will work or not. You children of nowadays will be acting as if you are smarter than us. When I was your age i.....

*CUT!!!!* And I was gone.
I didn't wait to listen to rest of “when she was my age” because if I did, there won't be any post today… that gist would end by tomorrow evening. My mother can gist for the Olympics and win gold medal. Another story for another day.
Your question 'did I do it?…. Yes I did *turns face*. Don't know if it worked but I went to the toilet afterwards and I did feel better. And that brings us to today's gist; SUPERSTITION. To call something superstition is to say that it is an illogical and unfounded belief. Well I know I heard lots of them as a child and if you must know, I was also gullible then. I believed anything and everything. Below are some of I remember from my growing up days;

1) An itchy palm means money is coming. As a child, (even as a teenager sef) I was always happy when I felt my palm itch. It was not like I was working and was expecting money o, I just always believed that once it was itchy, then money is coming from somewhere LOL.
2) When you wear the left side of your cloth unconsciously, it means something good is coming.
3) When you're going out and you hit your left big toe on something, it means something bad wants to happen meaning you should go back inside your house and sleep. So when next you have job interview and you hit your leg then, just forget about it…LOL.

4) If you have a sore throat, look for a crack in the wall, face the crack then breathe in and out into the crack with your mouth wide open over the crack . I'm not joking but this sh*t works like magic. I remember I did this quite a number of times and it worked.

5) When you can't sleep, it means someone is thinking about you. No wonder I've not been sleeping early of late. Someone has been thinking about me...hmmmnnnn. I want to sleep well tonight please no one should think about me (except you…..you know yasef *eye lashes*)
6)When you sneeze, it means someone is talking about you. Even when you have a cold sef, someone is definitely spending their life time thinking and talking about you.

7) When someone says you have grown tall, the person is meant to touch your ear so you won't grow shorter. Now I know why I'm short.

8) When you write with your hand in the sand and a fly perches on it, then someone you love (usually ones mum) would die….this frightened me so I never used to play in the sand.
9) When you are eating something and it falls down, you should never pick it because Satan has touched It. Hmnnnnnn... Oya lie that you didn't believe this one.

10) Last but not least, I did this very very well and I'm sure everyone in my generation did. When you see the Cattle Egret (let me remind you well....the bird called 'Leke-Leke'), we'll start flapping our hands and sing 'leke leke bami leke eya bami ba mi leke' (I really don't know the meaning) or we'll say 'leke leke give me white finger' and then we'll be expecting to see a white stain on our fingers and when we eventually do, it was fashion for us o. It was more like fixing and painting nails for us as kids. Mehn the things I did and believed as a kid ehn, God help our generation.
Anyways, I’m sure there’s more…you would be surprised some people still believe some of these stories…LOL…so if there's a superstition I forgot to mention, please post in the comment section below. Let's gist and laugh away or gullibility...*winks*….

35 comments :

  1. Moby some of these things were true o.my mum usually say its not good to hit a male child with broom cos it might affect his manhood. I heard its not good sha or maybe I've been fooled truly *hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this neighbour that the closest thing to a cane is broom. She uses it to beat her children well.so her son's thing won't be good again.let me go and tell her o.

      Delete
  2. Lwkmd, leke leke give me white white finger... there was a time we were told if we pick money on the ground, we'll turn to yam and if the yam is cut, blood will come out so this blessed day my friends and I were coming back from lesson and suya was hungrying us(no mind my English) as God would have it we say #500 on the ground so I told my friend to pick it incase anything happens I'll run. We picked it, bought the suya and licked tomtom so our moms won't ask us where we got money for suya oh.
    I also heard if you swallow orange or guava seed it will grow in your tummy.
    My yoruba friends said I shouldn’t look at mirror at night
    Another said don't sleep and put your legs on the wall
    The funniest is don't sleep on your back else witches will do meeting on your chest. Ctfu
    Ok Ok I remember they said if you eat the eyes of fish, you'll become an olodo
    Don't fetch water and pour back inside the well
    If you put sea water and well water inside a bottle they'll be fighting. Lmao
    They said if you put guluso on your bobby it will be big. Lmaooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it guluso or kuluso? I remember a lot of people used to talk about it.even heard one aunty in my area used it sef. The turning to yam one nko,me and my sisters used to pick up the money o.we usually just pray on the money and spend it immediately.nothing like saving. Mehn Amaka you've heard loads of superstitions o. Some I've not even heard before sef. Nice

      Delete
  3. Lol....d tin catch me no b small o *covers face* u will hear tinz like dnt sit on a mortar, make sure u pack dirt after sweeping cos it will b termed "asedanu",u dnt whistle in d night...n many more.... I was always scared to whistle at anytime of d day not just at night....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol@asedanu. Till tomorrow,you can't whistle at night beside my mum.you might just be inviting an interesting slap.

      Delete
  4. Yea discovered a new blog hope I'm welcome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lmao....Amaka oooo...so that's why you have big booby ehn??....loool....They said if u whistle at night you would call snakes....Na lie!..why snakes neva full clubs especially wen they play may d's get down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lwtmb Choi see this world is a small world oh, so someone that knows me tiletile is here

      Delete
    2. *silently walks away...whistling*

      Delete
  6. ΐ also did so of d aforementioned.....#thelma#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thelma Thelma. I hope its not putting kuluso in your booby?

      Delete
  7. Lmao...Haven't heard of some of these before oh...but i still hav the white finger that leke leke "gave" me ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leke leke gave you white finger too. Aby had a good childhood *yaaaaaaaay*

      Delete
  8. Moby I was praying that you post something today.I don miss you o. Ontop today tori, ahhh my mum told me a lot o. That if you wake up and there's cobweb on your face then it means witches have done jazz for you or if your ear is making funny noise, you should just be singing 'eti mi gbo orin' cos someone is talking bad about you.I think all mothers are superstitious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum is most superstitious. Noone can contest with her.

      Delete
  9. Am actually bored so I'll reply you. Who begged you to open the blog? Am tempted to insult your parents for not training you well but hey, who knows if you're one of those who brings reproach to their parents? May the fingers you used to type this rubbish remain crooked. Idiot, you saw you're out of place here hence the need to insult. Welcome, na only you waka come? You can do better twat
    Uchu gba gi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's called 'support' dear...something you would know about if you weren't so obsessed with words like 'dumb' and 'fake'..........having said that..Nice post mamacita..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't believe in superstitions.
    Anyway I found your blog. I love your style of writing, and you are also BEAUTIFUL.

    Health and wellness blogger at www.justhealthng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yea......so many funny superstition I really dnt believe in them tho but people say it works.....@anonymous 16:00:00 u dnt have to be an hypocrite if u dnt have anytin good to say then just shut up...we love moby, we love her blog....Shes doin GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  13. LoooooL...dats y you we're not born well by your hoe mother 2 put ur name na...lmao....omo iranu (just so u know your parents = iranu)loooool

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this person is not in a happy mood....d rain/wind musta blown away d roof off your fathers mud house...loooool....pele ...I know Moby doesn't send u...dats y she let ur blog stay..so u cn realise how mentally impotent u r

    ReplyDelete
  15. M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ mum says weneva you bite yourself sum1 is definitely sayin sumtin bad abt youn she'll start sayin wateva dt person is sayin abt her will return bak to the sender, I'll b lyk, mum?
    I dnt believe in superstitons at all

    @ amaka, I cn S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ relate with all the superstitions you wrote especially the kuluso insect. I didnt try it out sha. Maybe M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ bobby wud av bin big *covers face*

    OluwaBlesyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I believe some...not totally everything. But I just can't relate to some.

      Delete
  16. Please can sm1verify this kuluso thing...is it painful...cos I seriously need/want bigger breast....wouldn't mind trying.....and where cn I buy kuluso?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon 08:53, kuluso na ant o. Its one kind of ant that drills hole in sand. Don't know if it works o but it was really popular as boobs enhancer when I was little. We only heard stories about how it works but no one I knew ever used it.

      Delete
    2. Lwkmd. Guluso na insect oh and I learnt it works for you when your tits is just growing not now
      Sorry love, just accept yourself the way you are. Big boobs na load oh!

      Delete
  17. Lols i dnt tink it's true that the kuluso insect makes one breasts bigger jawe

    OluwaBlesyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. The one common among adults is that if u catch a bouquet (the bride's flower) when the bride throw it u will b the next to get married.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @anonymous 05:09, you r correct

    Oluwablesyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. One i still believe is that if i bite my tongue, someone has mentioned my name or is talking about me
    The Beautiful Eagle's Blog

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*