Friday 20 June 2014

3RD LAGOS MAKEUP FAIR + RANT (SEASON 4)


Hello lovies....How market?....I’m sure God is blessing his people...it’s been a prayer filled week for me (prayer conference in my church) so I’m in that sober but charged mood...*winks*. The Lord has finally moved our ministry to the permanent site. Our ministry got the camera we have been praying for. Somebody shout halleluya.
I hope you've not chop Eba to forget tomorrow is the Lagos Make-up Fair in Lagos. If you are not going to be there, you are sitting on a very long tin o. I'm sure you will see me rocking our new camera tomorrow. The venue is at the Anchor Events place, no. 2 Registration close, off Lateef Jakande road, Agidingbi Ikeja, Lagos. Please come na *sad face* 
Today I want to rant....(*yaay*...I don’t know why I’m beginning to really love rants). Though,  I didn't want to do any ranting this week because my brother-in-law has turned me to a ranter..(like i am one angry citizen...*rolls eyes*). Every time he sees me, he always asks 'how's our ranting blog?' like that's the only thing I know how to do (*abi is that all I know how to do?..ehn?,or you were not informed...??..Will you keep quiet? LOL)
Anyway, I just have to rant this one because I've had it up to here *I hope you can see where I've had it up to'**here ni o**. The Nigerian movie industry also known as Nollywood is the major bone of contention this time around...***and the rant begins.


The name 'Nollywood' is the first thing I have a problem with. Like seriously, Hollywood! So we should be ‘Nollywood?.. I believe we can do better. Whoever thought about Nollywood and the others that agreed, I worry for una ooo. What happened to originality and clever thinking?...It’s just a name we had to come up with and we had to copy that too???...

Before I continue, I send my sincere apology to the few friends I have in the industry. I'm sure I must have complained to a few of you but I'm tired already. I'm not a film connoisseur and I do not possess expertise in that area (maybe a little) but there is so much monotony in the industry. The movies that are dished out nowadays are so predictable because the element of suspense and just a tad extra thinking is completely missing. Myself and boo always play a game we call, tell the story while watching the Nigerian movie..the game is actually played when we miss like the first 30 minutes of the movie and 80% of the time, we are always right.

The domineering theme in our movies is the fetish beliefs of the Africans. The producers always want to churn out films in quick succession and then exploit the fears and gullibility of the viewers in a land that is already riddled with so much fear of voodoo.(**be like sey I ‘grammatize’ for there now now..*thumbs up*)

Then the editors don't even help matters. Those guys that do the Yoruba to English translations must be on drugs..(LOL)...They are extremely hilarious. Why can’t the job be given to the person that can actually translate properly and with proper English?. And the producers see this (I believe they screen the video before releasing), and they just turn a blind eye? Or maybe they don’t even know sef. ..Now one sure way to learn how not to speak good English is to watch these movies..Please indulge me while I show you some of pictures of scenes from some Nigerian movies. I got these pictures in less than 5 minutes of asking some friends..LOL..(many thanks to those that contributed).




 
Then the way some of these Nigerian actors act like they are God?...Oloun ma ni suru o (God has patience o).I remember one time I was watching the red carpet of a particular award in Nigeria and the interviewer was hyping this particular actor/producer/director/script-writer (all in one**name with-held but I really wan talk am) and at the point she was going to ask the guy a few questions, our guy was on the phone!!!...on the PHONE!!..... I was like WHAAAaT...somebody shoot me. So we all had to chill for him to finish making his call. By ‘we’, I mean the presenter, the camera man, Moby, my cousin, my friend my neighbours and the possible 160 million Nigerians that might have been watching. I know someone changed the channel not long after. But seriously, don't these guys watch the Grammys, the Academy awards, and others?  Would you ever see Brad Pitt or Matt Damon or any Hollywood star on the phone on the red carpet???? And they would say Nigerians don’t support them and that they are not progressing...how would someone that gives out BS progress?.ehn?

In as much as I respect the fact that these young men and women are using film production and acting as a means to make decent living, it would be good for film makers generally to stretch themselves a little and explore more edifying themes. I would also like to state that there are a few Nigerian movies that are very good, properly shot and well edited. I believe many seasoned and thorough film makers will and are emerging and better movies would be released ..Maybe then we would buy original copies of your movies and then sponsors would drop money. But until then, if I’m gonna watch any Nigerian Movie, I’ll get it cheap.LOL..

I’m sure I am not the only one that has something to say about today’s topic...so my people....pour out your minds...**wink**
 

13 comments :

  1. I almost fell off my bed!! Where did she get the pregnant. Lmaooooo. It's only mainframe movies have have no error in the sub titles oh! The story of yoruba wood no be here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha. Its always annoying when these people can't just get it right. Mainframe o and nollywood o, they are all the same

      Delete
  2. Moby I don taya for nollywood. The things I see on Afmag no dey gree me watch nigerian movies again. From the song you can tell the movie. And then when you see Aki and pawpaw,you know it is comedy. You can always predict every move. I don taya. Those pictures got me laffing sha hahahahahaha. Nice one. I love your rantings o. Dem dey make sense

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its like you were reading my mind moby. I was just arguing with my mum yesterday ontop this africa magic movies. My mum can watch afmag for nigeria and its always annoying. Couldn't even watch the football match yesterday.e pain me o. Laff wan kill me wen I read this. Cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aya. Bukky sorry o. It is well. All mothers love africa magic o.

      Delete
  4. I don't really watch nollywood except I'm totally jobless and idle. It's only in nollywood movie that spirit gets married and give birth. Ghost go dey look road before he cross; dey fear may car no jam am. And they also recycle their stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they always recycle their stories. I wish they could just try harder.

      Delete
  5. Lwtmb.....naso we c am for Nollywood, Na dere u go c person wey dem shoot for head n u go c jes one drop of blood, Na dere dead body go dress like say hin dey go party dey wear earring.... Make dem go learn mbok

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haahahha true sha but I dunno y I keep watching the movies... They really need to work hard..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh you still watch their movies?...I gave up on Nollywood last year.

      Delete
  7. Lmaoooooooooo all I do is laugh! Chai Nollywood

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*