Sunday 29 June 2014

THE WORD FOR TODAY - WHERE IS YOUR HOPE?


 
"Love the LORD, all you godly ones! For the LORD protects those who are loyal to him, but he harshly punishes the arrogant. So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the LORD."

Psalm 31:23-24 (NLT)

Hopelessness can be devastating. Recent research reports that hopelessness has an even greater negative effect on the heart than depression. Those who have lost hope are three times more likely to develop high blood pressure than those who have a more positive outlook on life. Those who are without hope can give up, stop trying, or even become ill. Proverbs: 17:22

God knows how important hope is for all of us. Hope sustains us during times of uncertainty. It gives us assurance that our problems can be solved, our needs can be met, and our dreams can be fulfilled. The Lord wants us to believe His promises, place our hope in Him, and never give up. The Bible says hope is one of three things (along with love and faith) that will "abide" (1 Corinthians 13:13).
No matter what you're going through, do not give up, you may have financial needs, marriage challenges, you may need guidance and direction or have unsaved loved ones who are struggling to find God, refuse to be discouraged or disappointed.
Your Heavenly Father wants you to place your hope in Him. David said the Lord "preserves the faithful." He said we should "be of good courage," for God will strengthen our hearts.
Remember that you serve the God of hope, let courage and strength rise up within you, if you've committed your life to Him, you can know that His promises are true. 'May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.' Romans 15:13

Confession
My hope is in the Lord, I am not discouraged or depressed. I will experience the goodness of the Lord in every area of my life, for hope indeed maketh not ashamed. Halleluyah!


SOURCE: Jola and Dexter Akin-Alamu

4 comments :

  1. Hmmm!! Hope defered makes the heart sick. I have more than hope but faith.

    I was thinking of boko haram issue n I felt hopeleSs but I suddenly had faith cus the fervent prayer of the righteous avails much (causes tremendous changes).
    God has fulfiled his promise

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hope is in the Lord, I am not discouraged or depressed. I will experience the goodness of the Lord in every area of my life in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*