Tuesday 24 June 2014

THE ASSUMED RELATIONSHIP...........MY OWN EXPERIENCE


Hello beautiful people...Today's gist is a rather interesting one and trust me, it’s gonna be a major eye-opener for all of us..so sit back (probably with a cup of tea...*grin*) and enjoy your read.
So I'm about to share a personal experience ...(one that really rocked me). I've been a mugu before so it’s okay if you feel or you’ve felt the same way at one time (everybody should have his/her story)...One major reason for this post is because a friend of mine is being a mugu for a guy at the moment and I don't know how to tell her but I know she secretly reads my blog and I hope she sees this...(I know she will)
Story story (you must start your post with the correct response oo *smiles*). I was dating this guy or so I thought...because I was practically the only one in the relationship...I’ll walk you through the story... One thing that tripped me about this guy was his sense of style and humour and back then, I didn't mind if a guy was fine or ugly, as long as he could dress well or make me laugh, that's all that was needed. I was already obsessed sef ** I was always like this around him

You know we ladies na, when we like a guy like this, we go just off brain **. I mean, I was already picturing our wedding and how many children we would have and the names of the kids sef. You wanna try????? But now, I hate him. Not the kind of hate that says “you still love someone but because he isn’t yours, you hate him”... No not that kind. Its the kind that if someone tells you he got hit by a car, you'd be glad...ehen! That kind. Lemme give you the full gist.
He was a friend of the family however I started really noticing him at my cousin's wedding but as a sharp babe na ,I didn't let him notice though I think he did. He later got my number from my sister and that was how the texting, calling and pinging started. I would go to his house, fix him breakfast, lunch, dinner and even overnight food sef. Mehn I turned proper maga on this issue called 'man'. We went on several dates and after a while I started seeing myself as the girlfriend and not a friend that is a girl. Even his friends were already calling me Iyawo or Iyawo ore wa...(chai!..may car jam all the friends that deceived us when they knew there was nothing for us..LOL).Whenever I was at his place, I was the wife oo, we would eat (after I cook), play, watch T.V., joke, laugh and sometimes gist until we fall asleep. All these just further deepened my ‘mugu-lity’
So one day, I read something online about 'defining your status in a relationship' so I decided to ask him before it was too late. This was how the conversation went
Me: Babe (I was already calling him a sweet name), where's this leading to? Shey na marriage so I will tell my mum to start expecting their in-laws.
GUY: Sweetheart (takes pause + deep breath...how I wish it was asthma  ...*rolls eyes*), I really like you...I like you a whole lot but I don't think I'm ready for anything serious now.

He had the guts to call me ‘sweetheart’ before shattering my heart. It took an intervention from where I don’t even know for me to pick up the fragments of my shattered heart. How I left his house, I can't remember. I can't even remember my exact reply but I know there was an expression like this

then something I did with my middle finger and then tears. I felt used. I felt lost.  It took me a month to finally get me back from the world of the broken hearted.
He called me back some months later and was apologising then the mumu girl in me fell for him again. But this time around, I was planning on playing smart. I bought the book 'think like a man and act like a lady' and tried all the tricks in the book sef....**omo dem no work o**.The story was the same.
3 months down the line, another cousin of mine was getting married and he was to attend so I made a dress I was so sure was going to get him down on both knees begging for my hand in marriage. I mean I'm a beautiful girl na...(yelz ke, and selxzy too..LOL).
Come that day, he finally arrived and guess what? He came with a babe.... Choi! I wan die. He saw me, waved at me and that was all I saw of him. He had his eyes all over this babe like she was going to run away. I was just praying the ground would open and swallow me and keep me there forever. I later got over him but it wasn't without a lesson. I realized I was the one lying to myself. I saw the handwriting on the wall but ignored it. He always introduced me as his friend but in my mind, I was hearing 'my special friend' which is also known as 'girl friend' (which is probably another lie sef...girlfriend is girlfriend..Any other thing isn’t).
If someone really wants to be with you, they will do everything to be with you. I'm sure a lot of people can relate with my experience. I've heard the flimsiest excuses from people who have been in the 'assumed relationship'. Let me give you example
*Its not you, its me..(infact na slap suppose follow dis kain talk)
*I'm very busy with work. My boss keeps me at work till late..(ehen, after late nko?)
*I'm scared of commitment
*I just came out from a bad relationship and I don't think I can ever love again..(may you never be loved again too)
* I'm trying to know who I am so I can't be in a relationship yet..(Olodo ...check google na)
* you are too good for me..(and you’re too stupid for you too)..LOL..
I know you guys must have heard more dumb escape lines..please put yours in the comment section below. I'll love to see it...let's laugh it out.
Brethren, as long as he/she keeps making excuses to stop being with you, then the person doesn't deserve you at all. Stop LYING TO YOURSELF. When you keep lying to yourself, you deprive yourself of what you truly deserve. Once you notice somethings you know are significant signs that he/she is not serious, remove your slippers, pack it, put it under your armpit or on top of your head and run like Usain Bolt is chasing you with a cutlass..LoL
I believe this post would help someone come to their senses...not just my friend...but some others out there who are trapped in their own lies...

Enjoy yourselves and keep smiling....GO! Mobylizers...LOL

35 comments :

  1. lol, filled with loads of humor and LIFE LESSONS too...
    Well done moby
    The Beautiful Eagle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm moby my torrii long small oo buh wil try and shorten it
    was datin dis guy den he his so handsomee nd i love him die lol..was alwys goin frm ib to Ife to visit him...his frinds liks me *so i belive den*..dey are alwayz calin me iyawo waa, u are d best cook in d world, nah u our frind go marry blaaa blaaa..not knowin i was only sitin on a two legged chair oooo...lol i was always feelin on top of d world ...not knowin i ws joozin....one day one of his frinds came nd my bf wasnt @ home..dis particular frind, i hv neva seen him b4...he greetd me so well as if he has seen or known me b4 sayin iyawo waa, eku itoju orewa meanin..thanks 4 takin care of our frind.. dat is my bf...nd i told him hv neva seen him b4..he said u nd kunle came to my birtday last weeknd nah abii u don foget ? Nd he even introduced u as his wife to b nah.....nah so i jus dey look like bread wey fall inside water ...nah so i pretend as if it doesnt marraa.. Buh deep inside me i was boilin inside... I entertaind him..we got talkin nd he wouldnt stop callin me yetunde my bf oda gf....hmmm wen my bf came back nah so i check hin fone sometin i dont normally do....see pictures.. come see yetund nd my bf...doin lovy dovy, differnt postures,lovegarden, honeymoon tins lol...(haaaaa mogbee eyez poppin out lolzz) nah so i pack my load ooo..end of bf nd gf
    bf frindsss can pretnd ehen!! Awon ore oko oni ira anu
    *oluwabibs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That his friend did it on purpose I'm sure but he helped you get out of a fake relationship. Hahahahahaha @mogbeee eyez poppin out... It is well Oluwabibs. I'm sure you've gotten over him.

      Delete
  3. I heard one recently. I don't want to hurt my Ex by being in a relationship with you, but within 4months she will get someone else am certain, then I will be free to date you" WTF nah. Kini gbo gbo iranu yehn mehn! Awesome read moby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT??? Really? I'm sure somone out there would agree to this. Nonsense.I would just punch him in the face. Thanks Eden

      Delete
    2. A ma se nkan oh!!!!! what the hell does that even mean?

      Delete
  4. Lol....reali funny bt i learnt alot. Tanx Moby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaay.we have another Amaka in the house. Thanks Amaka

      Delete
  5. May car jam all the friends that deceived us when they knew their friend was wasting our time. Moby this is the issh. Really love this. I've learnt my own lesson too o. Boy don show me but no be only me waka come. Now I'm married with a child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh maybe this would be the last time I'll talk about bibby and I.
    Kk we met on twitter and at that point I wasn't even looking at a relationship. It took four months of he begging me to say yes and I was like she he's abeokuta based, I still have two semesters in school. That's how we started oh. The alarm in my head started ringing when I used him as do one day and one guy on my list in oau was like who is he and am like my baby that one just said ok. Later the calls reduced and I always got excuses, the last time he came to my place he was even asking if I still loved him because he knew he messed up blah blah blah and I just gave him this shut up kiss oh.
    Moby I started my final exams, no congrats, I graduated nothing naso my eye clear oh. It was very painful because I fell hard. It took me a while to get over it, I mean I've been hurting since June last year *wipes tears*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww Amaka. Don't worry. You deserve someone that is amazing cos you are extremely amazing...I'm sure someone way better would come along. But for the time being, just keep loving yourself. Moby loves you sha#no homo

      Delete
  7. Mmmmm chai wisest babe ever liveth dat's me but. Omo i chop mugu with my hand and legs men. Chai. He doesnt see himself getting married in 3years time so we shld break up cos he doesnt want to Waste my time...(Story) two weeks lata says his cousin is coming to d uk, two months leta d idiot is. Engaged to d so called cousin. We den asked how two years impossibility became possible d idiot said his mother. Forced him. Shocker d babe turned out to be my school daugter and dey met on fb. Idiot d. Hate na like moby ilustration men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guys and the she is my cousin story and my mama forced me. I've fallen mugu for the 'she's my sister' story o. Another story for another day. It is well o

      Delete
  8. ROTFL......Lmao......Tito has rubbed off on you too much Moby....you are a witty comedian ooo....LWKMD...LWTMB......real lessons here thou

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moby you've not heard about the pastor prophesy drama or the genotype rubbish. Where he'll tell you that his pastor said he should stay clear of women. Women don suffer for this life sha. Nice write up

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lolzz nice write up.

    Hmmm trying to think sha. I never really chop mugu for guy sha,the only one that looked a bit related was about Derin but that one Na normal break up levels.(no mugu tins like that) I talked about it on my blog. Topic: "A branch I met in life"

    Well we ladies Na to shine eye wella o. Hahhaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looool!! Funny but true.. especially all those friends who will be using 'our wife' to decieve somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm.men sha.my own talk say,am too emotionally weak 4 u,wen av trained myself to be in a relationship i wud contact u again.weda dem swear 4 me wit only one man 4 dis world i come wonder.love ur blog o!first tym am commenting tho

    ReplyDelete
  13. Una own even good wah of d one dat jst goes silent on u for life?!? No calls,no xcuse,no drama notn!like una don dey play since!choi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice writeup. But d truth is girls will still read dis stories or even see their friend fall victim and dem go still fall mugu. D one Iine I heard about was I don't love her but my parents are forcing me to marry her.jus be patient after one year I will divorce her n marry u. Who does dat kinda tin???? Msssssttttchewwwww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hian!...Na wa oo.....u must be joking...so d babe shld wait 4 1 year....for sm1 2 marry, have plenty sex and probly kid(s) wit anoda man...den still marry him!??...as a divorcee???...I think we girls r d problem here...na we dey allow dis kain foolish talks...

      Delete
    2. No o, I don't think so. Some guys are just very selfish and senseless. I don't think girls are the problem. All these things we are saying, some girls use them to break up with their boyfriends. Its both ways.

      Delete
  15. Awww am so happy we have new commentators :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a piece of advice. I know they say its bad to. Go thru ur bf's phone but I implore everybody to do dat once in a while. It saves a lot of "wasted" year(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But some guys are very sharp o..Hian. Even phone is not enough to catch the.m They are so smart....even babes sef. God help us o

      Delete
  17. Moby, there was a time I sent a post 2 u about an omo ibo that has igbotic intonation ( not strong though cus if he wants 2 funee he does that well but when we r disgussing its obvious) . N I don't love him. I followd ur advise n freed the guy. I told him I don't want 2 date him.
    I told him last 3weeks but the guy does not want 2 let go. Though he has a good character and hardworking but he is not fine.
    I had a would-be bf 4rm Dubai around april. I thought it will work out until he started asking me silly questions like "what size of d**# do u like?", "do u like g string?", "which sex position do u like?" I never answered any cus of my celbacy oath.
    The last straw that broke the carmel's back is he asked me 2 send him picture of my boobs that my face wouldn't show so he will wank 2 it. He said is gift 4rm UAE would be G strings I would wear 4 him. I said no. I saw the red flag that he wasn't serious. I left him. Girls don wisen up 4 streets. I am 24 and any girl that does all these that this guy requested 4 is either a hoo or just a mugu. Mind u I was in love n fantasied on how it would be when he comes back 2 naija, we will do sit outs in a park, go 2 cinema, go shopping, how he will propose, our wedding nite *winks and so on

    pls stop opening ur legs. The rate of mugu will drop.

    So now babe I am left with omo igbo. I want 2 use him 2 pass time. To be single no dey easy. Chai! Maybe at the end of the day I will fall inlove with him. He is such a nice guy and a good christian. The last time he tried 2 kiss me in his car I bit his mouth. Ok is wasn't kiss it was a perk on my lips.

    Moby cobweb dey between my leg oo. I swear. E no easy. I want 2 just get married and get over with it already.
    Anyway, ur doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon you are so funny. Nice one. Thank you very much

      Delete
  18. Speaking the truth... funny and true

    http://afrogenik.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been one without knowing it. I was fooling myself thinking they were in love with me. I don't even want to remember the excuses they gave me. How i am still speaking to them i don't know. I have just been using church mind to talk to them but i think it is time for me to cut them completely out of my life. Now if i don't get confirmation that i am the girlfriend i am not even interested and now i am going to do CIA and FBI things. It was doing my FBI and CIA things that i got rid of two (yes, i knowingly and unintentionally check their phones and facebook page and see me realising by force that i was a proper mugu). Men!! And their friends ehen! God forgive them!!!

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com
    http://facebook.com/journalofapetitediva

    ReplyDelete
  20. Time time... Kai you are really funny, and my friends call me dramatic , I always tell em I'm just a learner but now I've proof.
    I don't even know if its the yeye stingy boys or the stupid ashawo girls that are causing this problem.
    The girls will see the signs that they are mugus, maga 1 but still be saying where there is hope,there is a way and the foolish friends will be calling you iyawo when they know it would never be, may their destinies continue to dance sekem lol and the boys will want to chop and clean mouth and be looking for Mary amaka to marry.
    Divadiari.blogspot. com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Moby!
    You are a great friend oh!
    Another excuse I have heard is that, I am still checking other people out I haven't decided yet....Lol
    People try to play people but God will save us His special children oh!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*