Friday 6 June 2014

MOBY'S RANDOM THOUGHT


Hello Lovies. All I want to do today is sleep, eat and sleep so this is going to be a quick one. I got this message today from a friend and I thought I should share with my lovely blog friends. Read and be inspired.
John worked at a meat distribution factory. One day, when he finished with his work schedule, he went into the meat cold room (Freezer) to inspect something but in a moment of bad luck, the door closed and he was locked inside with no help in sight.
Although he screamed and knocked with all his might, his cries went unheard as no one could hear him. Most of the workers had already gone, and outside the cold room (freezer), it is impossible to hear what was going on inside. Five hours later, whilst John was on the verge of death, the security guard of the factory,eventually open the door and saved the life of John. John then asked the security guard how he got to open the door, as it wasn't part of his work routine. His explanation: "I've been working in this factory for 35 years, hundreds of workers come in and out every day, but you're one of the few who greets me in the morning and says goodbye to me every night when leaving after working hours. Many treat me as if I am invisible. Today, like every other day, you greeted me in your simple manner ' Hello ' at the entrance when resuming for work......But curiously, after working hours today,I observed I've not heard your ' bye! see you tomorrow '. Hence I decided to check around the factory. I look forward to your ' Hi ' and' bye ' every day. To you, I am someone. By not hearing your farewell, I knew something had happened. Then I Sought and found!
"Moral Lesson to reflect upon:.. Be humble, love and respect those around you because life is too short. Try to have an impact on people in ways we can't even imagine, especially the people that cross our part every day.
How many people do we look down on in life? How many people do we see as invisible? When was the last time you said 'hello' to your gate-man or said something nice to your maid that put a smile on his/her face? You never know where your blessing is coming from. Saying hello or hi doesn't reduce your life span, it endears people to you. Moby is signing out for tonight. Rainy days are my lazy days. So have a lovely night rest in dreamland my beautiful people and I'll see you tomorrow.

Cheers.........

10 comments :

  1. I always say hello to Oga jerry morning and evening, I say hello to security guards every where I go,... Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I make sure to greet workers whenever i pass them, i noticed how happy a cleaning lady was when i greeted her one morning. It's these little things that count.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moby this is so true. I always make it a point of contact to greet people irrespective of who they are. Being respectful pays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. To think I was having an argument with a colleague about greeting people... Good one Moby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to greet Iya basira yesterday when I went to buy food from her.I'll greet her tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very touching and motivational. Moby keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mobyyy...i nominated your blog for the Liebster awards...please check my blog for details :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The house is peaceful because the Bastard has not grown up yet. May truck crush you on your way there alaiye baje. O ni ya fun oko loruko Jesu

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*