Sunday 15 June 2014

THE WORD FOR TODAY - PURE AS GOLD


"I go east, but he is not there, I go west, but I cannot find him. I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden, I look to the south, but he is concealed. "But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold."
-Job 23:8-10 (NLT)

It has been said that there is no glory without story, the true value of gold is not seen until it passes through the fire, Job experienced loss and suffering, yet he recognized he was being "tested." He sensed that as a result of these experiences, he would "come forth as gold." His friends were so busy criticizing and analysing him that they missed this perspective. As he reacted to his problems, Job focused on God and yearned for an understanding of what the Lord was teaching him. In the end, everything became clearer. Job was restored and blessed even more than he had been before these trials. Whenever you go through difficult trials, commit your situation to God and look to Him. Ask for discernment. Ask Him to show you what He's doing in your life. Despite your circumstances, remain faithful to Him. Allow Him to purge you of sinful habits, impure thoughts, and anything that displeases Him. Allow Him to show you if He's stretching you, deepening your faith, or teaching you new truths. Seek to persevere during times of trial and testing, having faith in God.
Remember that He loves you and that through the experiences of life, He will bring you greater blessings and make you come forth like gold!
2 Corinthians 4:17 says "For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever.
So hold on, and don’t give up. This too will pass and you will be better off.

Confession
I will not give up or give in until my victory is manifested. My best days are not behind me, they are ahead of me. Halleluyah!
SOURCE: Jola and Dexter Akin-Alamu

4 comments :

  1. I will not give up or give in until my victory is manifested. My best days are not behind me, they are ahead of me. Amen. Thanks Moby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord show me what your plans for my life is and I promise to remain faithful for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The word of God is pure....I will fufill Gods plan for my destiny in Jesus Christs name...Amen...

    Well done Moby.....more ororo to your chest

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*