Sunday 3 August 2014

THE WORD FOR TODAY - DADDY'S GOT YOUR BACK


"For the Gentiles (heathen) wish for and crave and diligently seek all these things, and your heavenly Father “knows” well that you need them all"
-Matthew: 6:32 (AMP)

As a child, there is always a peace of mind that comes with you knowing that you have a ‘daddy’ or big brother who’s got your back any day. Oftentimes we worry about ‘things’, what to eat, what to wear, where to live, health, work, emotional needs and so on. Jesus Christ was teaching here and telling his disciples not to set their mind on earthly things.

He made a profound statement in our verse that God our heavenly father ‘knows’ that we need all ‘these things’ we are worrying about.
That is amazing and ought to give us peace forever, just as our children don’t worry or bother about their needs being met, they don’t think about their breakfast or lunch, they know that daddy and mummy knows they need to eat and will make sure there is food available when they need it, Daddy knows that school fees needs to be paid, so they plan and make it happen, likewise the responsibility of our needs being met rests on our heavenly father who is the King of kings and Lord of lords, the creator of the whole wide world, the CEO of Heaven & Earth Inc, He cannot fail, at times earthly parents unavoidably fail their children, but God our heavenly Father cannot fail.

Isa 49:15 says "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!

Let the revelation that God your Heavenly Father KNOWS you need give you undiluted peace of mind this week. Shalom!

CONFESSION
My heart is set towards the things that pertain to the kingdom of God. I will daily seek him and follow His ways and I know all my needs will be met. Halleluyah!

SOURCE: Jola and Dexter Akin-Alamu

2 comments :

  1. I know daddy's got my back. Anyday anytime. Thanks Moby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Daddy for having my back....I love you...God bless ya Moby

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*