Friday 8 August 2014

MAKEUP HAUL + PRODUCT REVIEW



Yo! Whats up Doug? I’m gon kill you Doug….!!! Lmao…(who can guess what movie I got that line from?) If you do get it, I would send you an airtime of your choice…no jokes.…Anyways my peoples dem…How una dey? Hope sey no kasala bust for una side…if not we thank baba God oo …. Please let’s all be careful in this time of Ebola virus. It’s not a joke and I do not want us all to panic. Panicking won’t solve the problem. I pray a cure is found really soon. May the good lord protect us all. Amen.

So on Monday, after running plenty errands, meeting up with an impromptu client (who I forgot to take a picture of… but I’ve asked she sends the pictures she took with her phone). I also had a few meetings and went to the market…*phew*…After all these, I felt I needed to give myself a pat on the back for a day well spent. So what did I do? I went on a makeup mission *well if anything like that exists....Ernie already suggested we compile our own dictionary and I'm really considering it *hahaha*. I needed to get new makeup products for my box… Let me divert here... I've come to realize that one thing (amongst others) that can get me out of depression is buying a new makeup product...as in it works like magic for me. Just take me to Gifty Daughters or Tint or any Sleek shop and you got me back in the mood. So I decided to drag Boo to both Tint and Gifty Daughters. I was able to buy a new strip lash glue (the one I was using before was giving me a headache), BH cosmetic foundation and Milani cream to powder and Gifty Daughters gave me a cute key holder *bats lashes*… I love what is written on it.. Thanks Gifty Daughter. Their shop is on Toyin street, after Cold Stone Creamery. Now nothing can make me sad for the next 2 weeks. Just two weeks *I hope boo is reading this... seriously covers face*...after then I'll need something else to recharge my already-dying battery mood *that’s another phrase...I hope Ernie is jotting this down LOL*
I've been able to use the Milani cream to powder and the BH cosmetic foundation on myself, my friend's wedding makeup trial and another client and I have decided to do a little Review. Check out my very cute key holder... I could give someone though. Who wants it?


 MILANI CREAM TO POWDER




 The foundation comes packaged in a classic compact pack which contains a mirror as well as a hidden makeup sponge. I like the compact because it’s sturdy and when it clicks shut, it stays shut. No flimsiness to worry about.
The foundation isn’t heavy at all and sits very lightly on the skin. The coverage is good for everyday wear, especially as I don’t really reach for full-coverage foundations very often anymore. It definitely evens out my skin tone. But on the flip side, when I wear this, I need to use some concealer to cover some spots on my face.

The cream to powder gets a ‘thumbs up from me’. I like the fact that it does the work of both a foundation and powder...but then I still use my powder to finish setting the makeup. Do I have any reservation about this product? Well yes...I'm scared our Nigerian pirates will not bootleg this product and start selling it to unsuspecting buyers. That's the only fear I have.
SHOULD YOU GET IT? Absolutely. I bought it for just 2000 naira at Tint but you would get it 2500 naira in other shops.

MY VERDICT: I give it a 9.5. I keep my 0.5. No one gets it all after all.

BH COSMETIC FOUNDATION
I loveeee the packaging, it’s really cute. The bottle has a pump, the product is water-based, blendable and affordable....all in one. Once I opened it up I saw a gorgeous glass bottle. The first thing I did was twist off the top pump and smell to see if there is any annoying scent and to my surprise and joy, it's a pleasant one! I found it to be quite thick for a "liquid foundation". I only bought 1 for now, the Dark Beige....need to test the power of BH foundation first before I purchase more shades.
When it comes to wear time, it stays on really well for six hours. Around seven to eight hours, the natural oils from my skin start to break through. Beyond eight hours, the foundation starts to slip and move and wear away. I would definitely use this for casual, “daily” wear… but when it comes to my skin type and how it gets oily throughout the day, I wouldn’t reach for this when I need a foundation to last me 12 solid hours.

 SHOULD YOU GET IT? Well if you won't be minding the oil that pops up after a while, you should. Just get a very good Matifier or oil control and you are good to go.

 VERDICT: I give a 9. I love the packaging. Packaging lo matter ju lo mehn (packaging matters most....just my razz self talking)

LOCK ON LASH GLUE 
I've not used the eyelash glue yet but I applied it on my finger tip and pressed to see how strong it is....I love it..... I've not tried it yet on a strip lash...I'll get back to you on that one.
So that was how my ‘depression must go' mission went.

Have you used the Milani cream to powder or the BH cosmetics foundation and you have reservations? Please let me know in the comment box. I lur you Mamis and Papis *winks*

Thanks for visiting..

Cheers.

15 comments :

  1. I want the key holder o....pleasssseee, pretty please *battingmyeyelashes* I am just kidding. I am too far away so it is better you give someone nearer to you. Please what shade is the milani foundation. I think that should be my shade. I would like to get it whenever i go to Lagos.

    Check out how to wash your hands properly on http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 12-PECAN. When you get to the store,just say you want the pecan shade. I don't understand why they can't just give most makeup product a number so when you know your shade is 008,then every product you would ever buy would be 008. Just saying o cos these things get confusing at times. Whenever you are in lagos, just holla @ your girl *winks*

      Delete
  2. First of all,err,Bugs Bunny? Nice review. I've tried Milani creme to powder before and it was great. Not too cakey or oily.
    www.ironyoflhurve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection, I like to be like you when I grow up o.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh Tosin. Its you I want to be like when I grow up...hahaha

      Delete
  4. Hiya mamacita.....**sigh** I dunno why I am not particular bout make-up....I would never understand it...maybe I need to go on a make-up shopping spree....I might just fall in love with it...Blessed Sunday mami...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would...with a friend like me, you do not have a choice *big grin*

      Delete
  5. I want the key holder.Since petite diva is not in Lagos, you should give it to me then. Pleasssseeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moby please where is Tint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its on oregun road. After Fidelity bank, before Daystar youth church...once you get to the bank, I think its the next building after it.

      Delete
  7. No, I have not used any of the afore mentioned products, but, worth a try I guess. Btw, how are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the movie. It is 22 jump street when ice cube was telling the fat guy he was going to kill him for sleeping with his daughter. My airtime NOW before I destroy you. To today's topic, I am not so much of a makeup person but I think I like the milani cream to powder. I could give it a try because you said it is good.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*