Thursday 22 May 2014

RANT.....EPISODE 2 (SUNBO'S RANT)



Hi. I’m Sunbo. I’m 28 years old. I know most of you know me as Bigma. By profession,  I’m a freelance radio presenter and an entertainment media publicist. But I’m not here to talk about work. I’m here to be real about how I feel.
Recently, it has come to my knowledge that I come across as very manly. Apparently that is the reason why I’m chronically single. So what if I can handle my vodka way better than most men! So what if I love puffing on menthol cigars! So what if I’d rather be in control of who I’m intimate with! And yes, I talk open about my sex-capades! I’m just me.
I know I don’t act like your regular ‘girl next door’ but underneath all this manly-ness, there is definitely a woman. I hurt the same. I’ve had heartbreaks. I cry. I mean, I’m human.
I’ll never apologize for who I am or what I stand for, so don’t expect me to. I think most of the men I’ve ever dated or liked all suffer the same ailment..they were never man enough for me. Quit the silly excuses of ‘I’m not ready for a committed relationship but I’d love to be in your pants always’ crap! Or the ones who could never grow the right amount of balls to tell me how they feel. Its simple, you are not man enough for me.
So that’s why I’m waiting. I’m waiting, not searching. Don’t feed me crappy lines in hopes of getting laid. A real man would simply ask. Just so darn tired of all the wimps around me!
All said and done, let me reintroduce myself. Hi, I’m Sunbo, a manly woman who is waiting for a manly man who would bring out the woman in me. You can read my blog here


***** Dear Friend and sister Sunbo, It is a tough world out there for those of us that can measure up to men in certain areas. Some men can't stand the thought of a bold, able and capable woman thus they mask their flaws and shortcomings with lines like "she is too manly"....that's utter BS....We are in an era where women like men can; make money, flex, spend lavishly and stupidly, drink and get high, smoke and even pay for sex. So don't sweat it,the boys you've encountered are only preparing you for the man you'll end up with. Don't worry, you'd be fine, okay?

So, I've decided to make my rant episodes open to the public. If there's anything you want to rant about from the situation of  the country, to your relationship problems (I know there are things you can't say to your partner's face but you just want to rant it out), to your personal life, anything that's worth ranting about, you can just send it to my email addy moby.amusu@gmail.com and I'll post it however you want it (anonymously or non-anonymously). Let the rants begin!!!!!!!!!!!

15 comments :

  1. Am loving your blog already. Www.seyonhundeyin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ama send in my rant soon.. Moby I love yor blog. It is very engaging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bia nwa!! Sunbo (in sdk comments style), there cannot be 2 captains in a ship. A woman is meant 2 b soft and subtle.
    Anyway, there is a man for every woman just pray 2 baba God 2 give ur own. Hope u don't try 2 dominate ur man in a relationship.

    My own ranting is the fact that I've met a guy that adores me but his nna bros or what they call omo igbo ( don't get me wrong I am 4rm rivers n not tribalistic) is 2 obvious. He pronounces babe as beebe, label as laarbel. I wish I could pronounce it 4 u guys if u know what I mean. Not 2 think of the fact that he wants me 2 always reply "I miss u 2" or "I love u 2" n I don't. Sex is a no no 4 us. I don't have sex.

    Mind u men r not scared of women that make their money (independent women cus I am one. I own a wedding business in abuja)but dominiaring women. Especially those that don't easily take correction.
    N pls stop smoking and drinking and having sex any how. N pray 2 baba god instead of complaining. Not that I am defending men cus they deceive women 2 but check ur life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunty dat has wedding business in Ajah....what is your own sef....its pple like u dat make men treat us women anyhow...she is saying smthin she feels and your telling her to check her life...you shld get 1...and did she say she has sex anyhow?....u pple can just twist things...and what's wrong if a gurl smokes and drinks...abi is 'men only written on the bottle?..its pple like you tht end up as housewives while your husband sleeps with your sister.....msssteeww #nobodyholypass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! Pweety lala!! Pls like I said there is a man 4 every woman. I also acknowledge that fact that men are at fault. N I am also 24. Cheer. #portingback2sdklol

      Delete
  5. Hahahahahaha @ omo igbo. Dear Anon, love conquers all. I don't think his manner of talking should affect your relationship if there's love. I can imagine the beebe and the larbel. I'm sure he pronounces oil as oye and machine as meshin. Not trying to be tribalistic but if its the way he pronounces that's holding you back then I think you should help him. Playfully correct him when he says those things that sound really funny. But as you clearly stated, you nor love am so just be there for him as a friend or just tell him you don't love him so he can look for someone else to rock his boat.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ure 24...No wonder....Man neva do u strong thing abi..that's y u r being hypocritic..and mind u u sed more than that...I'm a young woman myself....26 precisely...I know women should be submissive but only 2 d man dat loves, appreciates and adores dem..otherwise stand your ground. Some mhen jst want 2 ride and go....we girls too shld Climb and leave....2 cn play dat game...Aunty business, enjoy ur time at school and play safe oooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha lol!! I am a full blown graduate since 2011. Where did u get the assumption that I am a student? Hmmm!! There is God ooooo!!

      Delete
  7. Lol! Glad to see my rant got so much notice. Here's to we independent women who are waiting for our manly man to show up! �� Ain't gonna lower my standards for no one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah its Sumbo....cool....yeah!...dats to us ...and not the full blown graduates that have wedding business in pluto....so since u graduated in 2011...u haven't been wit a man???...looool...aunty holy pass

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*