Monday 19 May 2014

BEAUTY: Aunty Temi's makeover




Good evening guys and girls…uncles and aunties….mummies and daddies (I won’t be surprised we have some blogging elders) . How was your Monday? Smooth? Stressful? Wet?...I really don't like Mondays (I’m sure 90% of us don’t).

I don't know why I just decline into doldrums once the curtains start closing on Sunday (grammar oooo abi….loool….I go school na….oya report to Google). Anyway, my cousin is around and she's very adorable. She makes me feel like a queen and she's the fourth person that cares about me after God, my mum and boo (In due time I might just add you to the list *smiles*). So the Monday depression has been doused a little by her presence *wide grin*.

Ehen! (tightening my wrapper) over the weekend, I had a Makeover job somewhere in Lagos. It was a Home service makeover job (you know these big big aunties that go for these big big weddings na). She called on Friday to book an appointment for Saturday. And well, it’s part of what I do (as you can see in my profile) so I had to work on Saturday. First thing she said was 'Moby I don't want to look like a shadow of myself (the aunty get proper British accent. You for fear english na)..I still want to look like me even after your work, Can you do that?'. Trust your girl; I was up for the Challenge. I ain't a professional MUA for no reason init? She went ahead explaining how terrible she looked on her engagement ceremony 14 years ago and you can only imagine the shock I felt when she mentioned one of today's 'toppest' ogas in the Makeup industry here in Nigeria as the person that did her engagement makeup…(to be fair, the person was just starting back then, so her hand never straight) . I knew I had to step up my game because there was already a yardstick to measure my competence.. Saturday came and I was ready for my very beautiful client who knew what she wanted. Please pardon the picture quality. I used my phone in taking the pictures. I know God will soon move my ministry to the camera level…We are almost there. But in the interim, please accept my not too high quality pictures and forgive me. (*on my knees ooo). Below is how it went down:
*cousin peeping from behind*





PRODUCTS USED

                         BROWS
Black Opal brow pencil in col. B02
Zaron eye brow definer
Highlighted with concealer from BH cosmetics camouflage concealer palette



                           EYES
Cream primer from sleek eyeshadow primer palette
Gold eye shadow from BH cosmetics eyeshadow palette
Peach eyeshadow from profusion 98 colour eyeshadow palette
Bronze from sleek eyeshadow palette
Brown from BH cosmetics eyeshadow palette
Marykay woodland powder in brown
Sleek shakeup dip it eyeliner
Jordana eye lining pencil in black
Elf mascara
*No artificial eyelashes were used

                          FACE
Marykay oil mattifier
Marykay foundation primer
Milani concealer - Honey 03 (cover visible dark spots)
Marykay foundation - 507 & 607
Marykay concealer - Bronze 1 (highlight underneath the eyes)
Marykay mineral powder foundation - bronze 1 (to set highlight)
Iman oil blotting powder - Light
Sleek contour kit in dark for contouring nose and hollows of cheek
Bobby brown bronzing powder - medium 2


                         CHEEKS
BH cosmetics blush palette - light pink
Milani mineral powder blush - #202 sunset beach


                     LIPS
Jordana lip liner - plush plum
Lipstick was recommended by client and I forgot to check the name
Squeeze 'n' shine - pink punk



In the end, did she like it?......YES She did!(dancing Dorobucci*)
Lastly, I have a secret for all makeup artist. In short, to everyone. You can only do your best at all time. The only person that can perfect your work and put finishing touches is God. He has never failed me and I'm sure he will never fail you. All the time you use to do gbeborun with your client (me sef dey do am so I know) or keep mute, just keep saying a word of prayer because if after your work, your client doesn't like it, I'm sure its either you start again or no more work for you from that person. Have a fabulous night and I promise to see you all in dream land.

You can share your achievements and breakthroughs here and let us rejoice with you and encourage you to do more.
Thank you plenty!!!

11 comments :

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*