Sunday 25 May 2014

MOVIE REVIEW + TRAILER: X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST




Hello guys.....I'm so sorry for my sudden absence (on my knees ooo…*no priding*). It wasn’t totally my fault though, I fell victim to the “red eye-ism” of Nigerians and Nigerian organizations. Imagine, my Internet Service Provider decided to cut me off before the stated expiry date, saying I exhausted my data….see groove…everybody sha wants to swindle the next person by hook, by crook and even by book. Nkwanu? For how? There is God sha. Anyways, I missed you all very much. My life felt incomplete for 3 days but thank God I'm back and better *smiles* and I've been getting lots of rant messages from concerned citizens. Can see we have lots of Rant-ees in the house. I promise to post them so we can help each other.
Today, I'm doing a movie review. I've been hearing a lot of people go on and on about the new x-men movie and as you know me, a sharp babe wey no dey carry last, I carried myself and boo to go see the much talked about movie and guess what? I've caught the fever and I will also talk about it too. The movie na die (as in die!), the entire length of the movie was worth every penny dropped. Now I want to rant.
Dear Nollywood,
Firstly, una no dey try at all. As in all of una need sense baptism…When would you take us to the point when we can go to the cinemas to see a Nollywood movie and we would come out excited and joyful knowing the movie was worth the spending??? Ehn when? Then some of you would come out and say ‘I am an actor, greet me properly….Nonsense! Though I know a few of your movies tried, no doubt but don't you guys watch all this Hollywood movies? The industry lacks inspiration and that's our biggest problem. No one wants to think nor spend. I saw a Hollywood movie that was shot in 1993 and that movie is better that what you people give us in 2014. Haba!!!!! And then 'we' blame piracy for what I don’t even know (na pirate dey hold camera or dey shout ‘cut’?). Go and do a good movie and let us worry about buying the pirated copy or not. (Gbam!)
*sorry oo jare** Now back to my review, the movie was off the hook. Fans of the original X-Men movies will almost immediately get the satisfaction of seeing Professor X (Patrick Stewart), Magneto (Ian McKellen), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Storm (Halle Berry) and Kitty Pryde (Ellen Page) back together again – it was completely mind blowing. Pure action and I had a good laugh  (I wonder how this Hollywood guys always manage to fuse comedy with something so serious and still make sense). I loved every part of the movie. Watch the trailer following the link below:
TRAILER: X-men: Days of Future past

Final thought... X-Men: Days of Future Past" is a tremendously entertaining film that blesses the eye, mind and soul. I rate it ‘five star. I recommend this movie to everyone. But if you're taking your children, you'll just need to cover their eyes at the beginning when Hugh Jackman's bare buttocks was in our faces. Asides that, you're in for a good watch. If you've seen Xmen: Days of future past, I'll like to read your thought. What do you think? And I think if I was promised a super power, I'll love to have mystique's power. I could be anybody I want to. What power would you love to have? Or if you have anything to say that could encourage our Nollywood people (or just vex for dem too) Please post …
Cheers friends.

12 comments :

  1. First to comment. I'll come bak to post comment. Off to linda ikejai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so fake. You can't even spell linda ikeja. Faker. Don't come back here again.

      Delete
  2. I saw this movie too.....I don't know why I was just sooo happy....I cldnt even eat the popcorn...but our Nollywood people really need 2 wake up oo...ans stop using piano drums 4 effects in our movies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @piano and drums for effect. I don't even have any word of advice for them sef

      Delete
  3. I hate Nigerian movies. And all these half baked opportunist actors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half baked opportunist actors...hmnnnn. I think that's the word I was looking for to describe them. Gbam!

      Delete
  4. I saw this movie too.....I don't know why I was just sooo happy....I cldnt even eat the popcorn...but our Nollywood people really need 2 wake up oo...ans stop using piano drums 4 effects in our movies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naija and corruption. Just leave them and keep praying for them. I saw x-men some days ago and I think it is out of this world. Best movie I've seen this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt prayer can help them at this point. They are all so ignorant.

      Delete
  6. Pls no one should yab my nigeria. How old is america and when did they start acting movies? Take ur times ooo. I am not an actress pls. But u guys should cut us some comparism slack. Anyway, I love soft movies. If there is 2 much action n all sorts count me out. That's y I love my telemundo telenovela. Elena's ghost, cruel love, forbidden passion etc oh I love. Mexicans r trying also.

    One day u guys will eat ur words. All ye yabbers of nigeria. On sdk they yab nigeria tire when they compared diaspora 2 nigeria. Madam drama queen take ur time oo. Appreciate nigeria that's the only way we can grow. America is more advanced. I am not out of this country cus I have a quoter to contribute 2 my great nation is my own way.

    Yesterday I watched a nigerian movie, "pretty lairs". Though its kind of annoying watching to part 6. But I never regreted seeing the movie. *tongue out

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are not out of this country because you don't have a visa abeg no come dey bobo us wit yeye quoter...quoter ko....quarter ni....can't u see indian movies, south african movies, even Ghana hs stepped up.....America is much older, so we shld hv learnt from them....Nija dey dull....why wld u watch a movie up 2 part 6?...and I'm sure half of it wld be soundtrack....na soso babalawo and witch 4 our movies..You sef take your time oo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*