Thursday 11 December 2014

RANT - SEASON 16.... GIVE YOUR HORN A BREAK


Knock Knock!

Who's there?

Ayu....

Ayu who?

Ayu gana dance o.....If I show you my pocket....*big grin*

I've sha used style to sing small....LOL...*covers face*.

Hello mi lovies...how una dey? Hope your week is going well? Mine is....I can't complain....Mehn am I the only one expecting and praying for harmattan? This weather is too hot kai... It's like the sun is angry with someone....or just trying to show off as being the ‘hawtest' in the world..*sigh*... Abeg if you're the one that annoyed the Sun, please be humble and go and apologise.... It's not funny anymore o *straight face*. Even my sunscreen is making me dark...Imagine!.. I don't understand this thing anymore *sad face*.


Let me quit complaining jor... Ehn ehn... (*I've made the switch to gbeborun mode*)....I found an amazing woman with an amazing blog on Tuesday. Mehn I didn't even know she was a blogger until I met with an FBI friend of mine who went to do some findings for me..Then I visited her blog... lo and behold, she turned out to be what I was expecting...even more sef... She is a very funny woman I swear. While chilling and perusing her blog, a blog post caught my attention and I was blushing through out... I was blushing till I dozed off....I even dreamt that I was blushing..LOL.. Thank you so much Eniola for those sweet words..*hugs*... you mean something to me and that something is priceless. Thank you so much. God bless you....I know you are wondering what exactly I'm talking about..Anyway, here it is,,,,This was what made me blush...
Please help me visit her blog to show some love... she has plenty gist ehn... kai... http://airneetee.blogspot.com. Thanks.

This post is going to be a mini rant / reality post. I was just doing some random thinking in my confused head and I just thought to bring it here.

So some weeks ago, the governor of Lagos state declared a ‘no horn day' in Lagos....if you didn't know about it then you've sleeping under the mat o...*raised eyebrow*... Now the idea was, no one must honk their horn on that day...as in throughout that day....

 I know 99% of Lagosians said it was impossible...I am part of that 99%...Because driving in Lagos takes a lot of energy which results in a lot of HONKING..... If you're not battling with #okadadrivers, it would be #keke or danfo buses..So if a driver has to face these wars on a daily basis then he needs his horn. I was really looking forward to going out that day and see how the no-sense bus drivers would behave. You see, Lagosians honk like the sound of their horn would fly out the bonnet to go and slap the person they are honking at.

Let me digress a bit....
There is a disease in this country that only affects drivers... I am not lying o*straight face*....It is caused by a virus called the ‘Hornanus' virus which enters the body through the palm. When this virus gets into the body, the first destination is the brain. It travels to the brain and messes it up in such a way that you do not have control over the things you do while you're driving especially honking your horn. *PAUSE*....How many people believe there is a Hornanus virus?...LOL...  well, I know we  have doctors in the house...i.e. Omowunmi and Obi, but don't bother asking them cos I just made up that virus in my head..*grin*..but I'm sure there is a virus like that...check google..hehehe.

Back to the matter:

So the governor woke up one morning and decided that for a day, no one should honk their horn or else.....???...No one knows what the repercussion for flouting the order was but we were all asked to adhere to this rule. I felt that was the joke of the century my beta people. You see in Lagos, drivers use their horn to communicate. You want to say hello to another driver, you honk your horn twice...it's a thing here in Lagos. You want to insult a passerby, you first look at your horn, then look at the person you're about to insult with a stern face and then honk your horn like 5 times and the person would get the message *Leboo does it almost every time... he says I'll learn to do it someday when I get my personal car and start facing crazy drivers* (all I  could hear when he was saying this is that I'm gonna have my own car..shikena..)

The most annoying horn users are the ones that embrace their horns immediately the traffic light turns amber before green. Before you can take the gear from park to drive, you would think their cars can fly.... They would press the horn so viciously in an attempt to alert you they have places to go to.....Like we all don't have places to go too...*rolls eyes*...Then some Bus drivers have left the regular normal horn...they have like an entire symphony for horn...you wouldn't know if it's an ice cream truck passing by or a mobile choir...mmssteeewww!!

My fellow Nigerians, let us use the horn with moderation. It is already frustrating driving in Lagos....stop making it worse with your sound system horns...please. na beg I dey beg...some horns can over shadow music playing in a packed club....it's like those who feel theirs ain't loud enough go to fix sound systems with sound boosters on their horns...na wa o...

Who else here shares this my pain? You don't even  have to be a driver to be frustrated by car horns....LOL

In other news, I'm still collecting Christmas gift o... GB already promised me a Bentley....*dancing my Shoki remix*.... who else will fill my promise card?  Yep I have one...hehe.. *runs off*.

Cheers....

18 comments :

  1. Tanx MOBY. i was almost like Heehe is MOBY seeing the future again??? the horn sumtn is fun o. but at the same time noh. ariwo yen ti poju!!! the noise is pretty much....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mehn you know something is frustrating when you start speaking your language... ariwo yen po mehn...hehehe.

      Delete
  2. Aww....you know when I saw the post Eniola mami made...I was soooooo mad at myself, I mean, she did that post since the 15th of November and I was seeing it on the 3rd of December???....Grrr....Isn't she amazing!!! (Eniola mami, It is an honor mehnn...thanks again)....**claps hands** Okay...I don't use my horn tho'...personally, I am not even sure I will hear it cuz I am always playing music really high when I drive....and as a race drifter, we are taught that a millisecond counts...the time you could use in hitting the horn, you could have swerved and saved a life!...Erhmmm...Soooooooo what else you got on that list?....Hiya Dudette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. If I am ever in the car with you Tibs, I must make sure my seat belt is working fine.... mehn I fear o...hahahaha

      Delete
  3. I ws part of people that said it ws impossible.in this lagos you wont press your horn.cant happen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still impossible... in Lagos. ..you wanna try...hehehe

      Delete
  4. Every day I get back in the house I have to down 3 tablets Of Panadol Extra..... Sometimes i wish i had supernatural powers to pull out people's horns.... See ehn, even within my estate people be pressing horn like kilode
    I'm thinking of going back to my own planet, I can't deal anymore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abeg which planet are you from? You know I've been suspecting you for a while now. Are you an alien?...hahahaha. Esther o...pele dear

      Delete
  5. THE HORN THING TIRE ME<IF IF YOU HEAR SOME HORN SEF YOU GO THINK SAY NA AMBULANCE DEY BEHIND YOUIN FACT OKADA PPLE ARE NOT LEFT OUT VERY INSANE SET OF HIMANBEING,I AM ACTUALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO A DAY AM GONNA SLAP A BUS DRIVER....YES,I WILL*STRAIGHTFACE*

    bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Tito abeg don't let them beat you o...those guys are crazy. They start their day looking for who they will start trouble with...please o mon dear

      Delete
  6. Dat horn free day was sumtin else o, d driver of d bus I entered dat day vowed he wasn't gonna use d horn but trust lagos okada riders nah, dey frustrated d horn out of him, it was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine...some drivers tried to adhere but it was very difficult.

      Delete
  7. Moby ehn, the particular one that pisses me off is when they start the cacophony just between the transition from amber to green. Am I blind? Are they psychic to know it's about to change? It's a car not a witch's broom that doesn't have gear.
    Now I'm ranting my own...
    Esther please take only 2 panadol extra, don't let these mad lagos drivers frustrate your liver. Mwah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. Sandra you understand my feeling I swear. Its just frustrating...so annoying

      Delete
  8. I am used to the horns jooor. i wanna rant about not been able to browse for free mehn!!!!! i need a free wifi....























    #mannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to my church...we have wifi. ..its not free o but you can beg the media guys for the password *hehehe*... how do I help now o? Go to ikeja city mall...I heard there's free wifi there...you can check.

      Delete
  9. Lol...I don't agree with you ooo dear....see ehnn....horns are the way forward in LAGOS...else how do you want to cope with those mad-death-wish-no-future danfo drivers...
    My Mum though believes in flashing your head lamps before honking....my question is what if they don't have side mirrors....or in truth how many makes use of them?!!.
    So am Anti-Honking Day!!.

    P.S Tibs....you part of the cast of Fast and Furious bah???...hehehe...(swerve an save a life...lol). Esther, what planet you from??....them dey allow foreigners make I folloow join...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you belong to the honkers.... Praiz I AM GOING TO FIND YOU AND I WILL CUT OFF YOUR FINGERS....OR YOUR PALM....WHICH EVER...I know your type...kai. I will find you sha *straight face *

      Delete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*