Tuesday 23 December 2014

IN A RACE WITH ME

Glo oooooo oooooo oooooo oooooo oooooo ria.....Hosanna in the highest.....

For MTN users

Mmm mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmm TN......Hosanna in the highest.

For Etisalat users
Eee eeeeeti eeeeeti eeeeeti eeeeeti eeeeeti salat

Hosanna in the highest.


For Airtel users

Air ....(This one is hard ooo)......help please...LOL....



Hello mi leboo's...And Lababes..... How are you?...and Yours?.....Definitely bubbling.....hmmms *hands on waist*.... You all won't believe i dont have Christmas cloth yet? Asin? Its almost 23rd and I don't have Christmas cloth!!!!!For everytime I tell anyone about me not having Christmas cloth and shoe, they always laugh at me... Why? *rolls eyes*... Didn't you all look forward to it when you were growing up?*rolls eyes again + looong hiss*... Well I still do o and I am going shopping on the 24th...*tongue out* when things will be very very cheap ehn...kai...I'm happy for me ...

Yes...We have a new friend guys.....Hello Tobbie. I think I like Tobbie already sef... *waving* Hello Tobbie...Heellloooo (teletubby style)...


Okay *rubs palm*...what do I have for us today?... While I was away on 'self recovery', I came across lots of messages and bible passages (Yes I read my bible *ntoi haters*LOL).... I came across this message and I just knew I had to share with everyone. Not as word for today but as a rediscovery post..(If there's anything like that).... Somebody shout halleluya..(In G.O's voice)... I saw this bible passage... Hebrews 12 vs 1-2 and it says;

“...let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith...”

You see, it is easy to be tempted to go through life competing with everyone around us, when we see someone who’s more talented, better looking or has more gifts.  Instead of running our race and being comfortable with who we are, oftentimes, we feel inferior and think, “I’ve got to catch up to them.” The problem with this unhealthy competition is that it’s a never-ending cycle as there would always be someone finer or better than us or more intelligent than us.... There will always be someone ahead of us at every point in time and if you get to the point where you think you are the 1st, Jesus Christ would be ahead of you..LOL. 

But, it’s a very freeing thing when you realize, “I’m not competing with anyone".... I don’t have to have as big a house as my neighbor to feel good about myself... I don’t have to keep up with my co-worker.... I don’t have to be a certain size to feel comfortable with myself ( even though I'm still watching my weight *covers face*).... I don’t have to have as many Christmas lights outside.... No! I understand that I’m not in competition with my friend, my neighbor or my co-worker. Instead, I’m going to be the best me that I can possibly be..and when I feel I'm the best me already, I'll try to be better.” Shikena! 

When I started this blog, I didn't think anyone was going to leave a comment. I was thinking: 'who would even be interested in my life when there's Linda Ikeja and Miss petite'....shebi?... And then people started leaving comments and even the person I look up too in blogsville, 'miss petite' left me a comment....*hugs* + *big smile*. I am not trying to blog like every other person. As a matter of fact, I think I have one of the most confused blog in blogsville at the moment (cos I don't follow a calendar) but then I still try to do my best in putting up post...I try small shey??...*bats lashes*

Contentment is an attitude God can work with. When you focus on being who God made you to be and focus on running your own race, that’s when you’ll see things happen for you. That’s when you’ll rise up higher and position yourself for every spiritual, material and pysical blessings He has in store for you. So my word for everyone out there today (and also to myself), you dont have to be like the other person....even if you're doing the same thing as the next person and you are not getting as much result as her or him, just keep encouraging yourself and keep doing your best. Who knows where and how God will bless you. I know God has blessed me through this blog.... how do I know? Cos I've met the most amazing people ever. The ever crazy Esther (I dunno know why she's competing crazy with me*raised eyebrows), the sexiest miss Chioma, the handsome crush ever GB ( leboo said I should tell you that if he catches you ehn...dasall), the beautiful and drop dead gorgeous Zeezah and Tosin.... mehn if I start describing everyone, this post will be so long but you know I have everyone in mind...Including you and you too... You know shey? All of you....everyone... and even the 1st timers and anonymous'...  Thank you so much. I want you to just say this little prayer... its a 1 minute prayer.

Father, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I choose to keep my eyes on You and allow You to work in my heart and mind. I declare that I am free from competition today...competition with self and with others in Jesus’ name. Amen.

That's all.... I hope someone sees this message and is inspired. I love you all like crazy....you know right?

Have a wonderful Tuesday...

Compliments of the season



Remember to give Jesus Christ a birthday present....*wink*



17 comments :

  1. kisses kisses kissess.....dearie
    okay my dad even told me bluntly today that there is no christmas cloth for me.lol
    Moby thank you for this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Love you too babe, you are so kind hearted! So if small pikin want christmas cloth, agbohobia like you will ask for one too. #smh

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello xooo busy nao. just came check if Uv posted something. wud b bk to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One beautiful thing about competition is this especially if its the race for material ish, fame and all what not *Vanity upon Vanity* said solomon the wisest man in the bible.
    Now in real life one thing I have noticed is that if you get in this race you tire quickly.
    My lecturer said be grateful for what you have, and if by chance a person who has things you desire makes shakara remember that he/she isn't better.
    Easy does it.
    Crawl today fly tomorrow.
    A lil competition is healthy but if e turn to jaguda issue, who go settle the matter?
    Merry christmas in advance moby.
    *mwaaah*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A million likes for this comment bubba. :)

      Delete
  5. I really needed this. Lately i have been having all kinds of crazy thoughts pop up in my head and i have felt very depressed but i am now trying to shake it off. Posts like this really help, thanks a lot. Merry Christmas....

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Bubba, i believe that its normal for us to have these thoughts, as we are humans. But i am learning that on the long run yeah, it all boils down to how we act o them. In the words of Ugo, it is berra to shake them off like a wet dog when we haf them, than dwell on them and let them grow roots.. Cheers bubba.

      Delete
  6. Moby we're in trouble o.... I went into my parents' room this morning to ask them when they expect me to go to the market to buy my cloth and shoe if they've not still given me money by now. My father jejely told me that my days are numbered in his house o after momc reminded me that i'm still owing her christmas cloth. Can you imagine? Is it fair?
    Madam Moby.... My partner-in-craze..... I love you too

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mind is a very delicate part of our being, naturally d mind comes wit traits like jealousy, envy etcetera etcetera but d good thing is we all av d power to control dat mind, we can power all dose envy and bitterness into a positive drive to get something good done...Merry christmas in advance to moby and *leboo*.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oldie mama like you is till looking for Christmas cloth eh???? Let me start brainstorming for the name of your church
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh waoo! i think consistency is key in the blogvil. I like the fact you just being you.
    Thanks for this
    fashionitazbybuiti,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Onyibo man says that life is a journey, not a race. However Bubba, I have this believe that life is as much of a journey as it is a race. A race against others and ourselves. But what do we do when others outshine us? Do we chase them down to bring them down? No Bubba, i dont think so. But what i think is that we should chase them down to draw strength and inspiration from them, and tell ourself that if they can do it and succeed at it, then we can tooo. On a long run Bubba, i am learning that the most important race we must ru is that aginst ourself as we must constantly try to better our best. This line hit me the most while i read this post:

    ""Contentment is an attitude God can work with. When you focus on being who God made you to be and focus on running your own race, that’s when you’ll see things happen for you.""and i was like Gbam, gbammer, gbammest. Cheers Bubba, and merry Christmas in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwww moby thanks for the shout out, merry Christmas love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moby sef dey look for christmas cloth.i pity you o.old mama like u.this message is really good.thanks moby

    ReplyDelete
  13. True talk!contentment is the key. Love love you

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I opened this post,I thought it was my blog....hahahahaha! Nice one there. Contentment is key,when you are contented you have peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*