Tuesday 14 October 2014

WEEKEND DOWNLOAD: OWANBEFUL

What!.......what’s the time???.....


*Rushes in* *....Puts hands on head* What happened?.....why so many straight faces??...haaa!!!!.... *kneels down* I am so sorry I left for too long... Mama had to work and mama was tired...I’ve got to make money baybay!.. Thank you for understanding.  

Before I start any gist, I have an advice for everyone. If you are ever travelling out of Lagos, please do a research on the place you are going. I was having faith that there was going to be good network in Ondo State but my faith let me down big time. Immediately I got there, I put on my swift and there was a big NO NETWORK on it....like there’s no Ondo plan for swift yet...I was totally “internetless”...LOL... Even my phone sef, it was only when I stepped out of my hotel room, I'll have small network and so I can post comments....before I say scoobi doobi doo its gone again. But all the same it was a good experience. I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone that said happy birthday to my bestie. That babe was crying like a baby. She was so overwhelmed ehn....I'm sure if she ever see’s anyone of you she would cry again. Thank you so much. God bless us all.

Also guess who visited last week.... the biggest man I know on blogsville...Mr. Mannie and my blog role model....Berry Dakara. I love this woman ehn #nohomo o... I saw their comments and I just started doing my special moonwalk.  Mannie thank you so much for stopping by. Berry thank you big. God bless you.  I hope you are here to stay o. Hehehe.

Also, we got an email from a website. They said they would love to share some of our articles on their website and I was like WHAT!!!!..... really??... mehn we are going PLC o. So I want to open this blog to everyone. If you are a writer... whether as a passion, as a job, or something you pass time with, you can send some of your articles here. You never know who would be reading and who would be interested in your work. Never say never.

I also want to use this opportunity to tender an apology to Onyeziri Maureen. I have been angry with my cousin for not giving me the proper information. She sent me an article like it was written by her and I gave her all the credit. Maureen I am so sorry. You are a great writer I must say. Thank you for not pressing charges...*big grin*. God bless you.

All protocols have been duly observed!...or is there something I’m missing out ....naah!...we good...


Oya now to the main gist abeg *gbeborun mode activated.....drops tray from my head and pulls out a stool...LOL*...where do I start from ooo.. Ok let me start from the beginning...First the journey was 8 hours long....like seriously 8 gaddamn bloddy, nerve wrenching, butt numbing, mind fumbling, brain torching hours. I am never travelling by road... ever again. If the mode of transportation doesn't fly or glide,or disappears and re-appears, ayam not going. Ki lo de? How do people do it? I can never go through what I went through on Thursday and Sunday o. It was a terrible experience sitting for that long.  My bum bum was just paining me, in fact sef, it has reduced in size due to the tension and excess pressure.

How did it go? Mehn it wasn't easy o. I was hired to do the makeover for the bridal train. The girls were 7 in number so the bride hired three makeup artists. The plan was that I was going to do makeup for 4 people, another babe would do for the remaining 3, then the third makeup artist (the fabulous Ronke who is also the bride's cousin) would do the make up for the bride. The agreement was for both engagement and white wedding (Friday and Saturday). 


On the engagement day, the bride fired the other makeup artist (definitely not Ronke). So I was given an offer... do the makeup for 7 people and there would be more money. In my mind I'm like 'no way.....this is not happening' but the money was looking very attractive and besides, there was practically no other option.  So I decided to do it *wink*. I made up for 5 girls on the engagement day and was to take on 7 girls the next day...*Phew*.  I had to wake up at 4am on Saturday to start everyone's makeup cos they had to get to church by 9am. It wasn't funny but it was worth it.


Let me divert a little here...someone asked me this question before and someone still asked me over the weekend. They asked what the secret to a good makeup is? Is it good foundation or blending or the set spray? My own secret is.....wait for  it.........................................................................GOD!....*smiles*. He puts a finishing touch to all my work. I am not bragging but I have never been fired on a job before or told 'I don't like what you did on my face'. There are times I do a job and I'm looking at my work and I know it’s not a good job.....for example there was this time I was called to a music video shoot set to do the makeup for one musician babe. This babe is not the ugliest woman I've seen and she is not the finest I've seen also. By the time I was done with her face, I didn't like what I was seeing. Everything was just looking wrong. She looked at herself in the mirror and she was almost licking my feet. She was just blushing....and was saying thank you all the time. Even the producer said his camera loves my job and I just turned to le boo and gave him the 'what's going on here' look. What I usually do before I start any job is I look at my palm and I pray for them. I say to them 'make me proud' and when I start working I always pray. I don't chat with my clients all the time. I say something and I shut up and I keep praying. When I'm done, I ask God to put the finishing touches and he does. I am not perfect but I have a perfect God. No matter the job you are doing, you can try it. It always works. I just shared a secret....oya pay me now now!. Hehehe


I wasn't able to take so many pictures. I had limited time to work and so I couldn't take all the pictures but I took some. The photographer promised to send me some more pictures. ...when he does I promise to show everyone here but the few ones I have, I would share.




I love her facial features




I also got a goodie bag and this was what was inside my goodie bag.
Air freshner, Hamana roll on, Hamana lip balm, Hamana body mist and the air freshner sticks (don't know what they are called o)

Finally to every bride to be in the house, I have an advice for you.... Please get an event planner and let the person carry the entire burden of the event. You really don't need to stress yourself at all on or before your wedding. This bride was all over the place and it wasn't a funny sight at all.... She almost even started serving food to the attendees because she wanted everything to be perfect...I felt so sorry for her...I felt like I should just help her with all the wahala...but mhen...Omolade Akogun (nee Aruna) is one strong woman! Both physically and mentally.... And then the worst happened.... her cake fell down flat on the floor. She had a very elegant tall cake and it was a beauty to behold. The way the thing fell down like the wall of jericho was shocking....I was amazed too....You can only imagine how upset she was... I was just praying  she enjoyed her wedding...anyway the Mc (Mr. Le boo) was fantastic and it was only when the reception started I saw the bride smile...so I’m sure she had fun.... I took a picture of the only surviving cake. Here it is.


And the decoration was fine. I loved it.
I didn't take a picture of myself because I was looking very tired. I'm sorry *sad face* but y'all know I still looked fine.  Hehehe...I might be able to get a picture of me from the photographer though...then you’ll see what I looked at


All in all, I had fun.  I met some pretty amazing people and they've been checking my blog since. I actually called myself a blogger....like I introduced myself as a blogger....hahaha. Welcome to the family everyone. I'm sure you would have fun here. Oya chop first timer kiss abeg *mwahhhhhh*


I must give it to Ondo people.... Ondo people know how to party jare. No wonder my mum likes party...she is an Ondo woman. There was food and drinks and loads of alcohol. The rice was very sweet ehn.... y'all know I like party rice na and this tasted so nice.


 P.S : Happy birthday to the sexiest (like seriously.... I am not lying o) blogger I know. You think I'm lying? Oya go and see for yourself. She blogs at www.realcilverly.blogspot.com then come back and tell me that I'm lying. She looks like Beyoncé's younger sister....hehehe. Also, Happy birthday to my friend and client, Sarah Joseph - Tiamiyu. I wish you both long life and prosperity..... good health and all the good things of life. Have a lovely birthday today. Oya make una chop kiss o jare *mwaaahhh*.

Who missed me? I missed me too and I missed everyone.  So how was your weekend....gimme beta gist abeg.
Have a fabulous week ahead. I love you all like kilode mehn...hehehehe
Cheers...

31 comments :

  1. Aaaaw Moby you did a nice job... Praying for your palms that I am going to start. Did you dance shoki there? Today is my birthday.o, before I forget to say that. Welcome back babe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You should try it...it works like magic. Remember he already said in Matthew 7.7 ask and it shall be given... ask anything in faith and be sure to get it. So keep trying it and believe it when you say it. I danced shoki o. See you.... but I was forming tush na so I did the tush shoki. Hahaha. But when I'm with my niggas, I can do anything I want to....including the razz epileptic shoki. Hahaha. Happy birthday huni.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back.Looks like you had a fun weekend.The first girl's makeover is really beautiful.Your work is very neat.Where is our own cake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaay welcome back my eyes were just roaming looking for the gist o hehehe (this my eyes don't get me into trouble o) amen to going global gurl thou must never enter anu transportation that reduces our ikebe's you have been banned from such a trip don't worry it remains small we will all soon buy a jet (oyedapo no be only u o) lol at that not so good looking musician person you did their makeup well you not God now u can't change their face you can only make it better but na God's favor hehehe I couldn't stop laughing when I read that part l. And they looked beautiful you beat that face gurl and ooh my heart sank when I read her cake dropped wow what left of it looked really pretty though anyhoo smooches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Ms cookie ti pa mi o. Don't worry you are not alone. I like gbeborun too ehn...I can never try it again. Maybe if the pay is very very attractive. Never say never you know. Thank you swirrie pie..

      Delete
  4. Moby Moby Moby Gifted hands. So you dragged le boo to ondo ehn, he mc'd and you did the makeup, wow! you guys are like bonny and clyde. I love you guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't drag him o.. ehn ehn. He was paid to be the mc and I was paid to do makeup. No be me o. Hahahaha. I like the sound of bonnie and clyde. Thanks. We look you too. *mwaaah*

      Delete
  5. Welcome back, Moby!! I missed you. If you know how much I like looking at pictures ehn... u did a good job as usual, u never disappoint. The cake is still fine. I also don't like long road trips, my long legs will not allow me enjoy the journey. Ehya, so your bumbum has reduced? Pele s'ogbo? Ise owo ni. Thank God for safety. My weekend was just there. I was sleeping like kponmo. Nike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nike. Don't worry ehn... by the time I get the professional ones, to dey look picture go taya you.... Lmao @sleeping like kponmo. You are the only person I know that sleeps like ponmo. Hahahaa. Funny geh..

      Delete
  6. I really missed Moby like mad... Bin refreshing dis page since tipetipe. Welcome back maami,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww. Really? Someone really did miss my sorry ass? No way. Thank you so much Habeebat. I missed you too o. Where have you been na?

      Delete
  7. U needed to have seen d way I was refreshing since thursday.thank God you are back o.i had to laugh out at the mode of transportation disappearing and appearing.you are such a clown.so glad to have yoy back. welcome back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bukky. I'm so happy to be back. I swear I am not going to travel by road ever. The roads are not so good so you cant even sleep comfortably. No way. Thank you for hanging around.

      Delete

  8. Heyyyyy!!!...... the girl is backkkk....... I trust you nah....... you like owambe........ and your work is wow!....... God will continue to bless you....





    Moment with Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaaay....I'm so happy to back o. Thank you so much Zoe. Amennnnn... I should make you my owanbe buddy cos I know you like owanbe too...hehehe. let me ask properly.... Will you Oluwazoe be my owanbe buddy for better for worse, for richer and poorer, till death do us part? Please say I do...hehehehe

      Delete
  9. thanks for your comment, you got a nice blog, and your work is lovely..http://jenniquecreatives.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. mobbyyyy my TTT sister (shey i can call u that). your work is simply put Ahmazinnnnnnng.
    stalked u from TTT, read almost all ur posts, will keep stalking. (trying to win stalker of the yr award...lol).
    i haff chop the first timers kiss...hehehe.
    And what u said abt ur trade secret is so true, even when i dont like d outcome of a cake i make, so long as i prayed b4 making and decorating, the customers always go oooooh and ahhhhh.
    well done gurlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww... JJ you can call me whatever...TTT fam... thanks for visiting but guy I doubt you would win the stalker of the year award o when I'm still alive...hehehe. I'm the biggest stalker evurrrr. Thank you so much. You are a cake maker? Le boo is already in love with you. He would do anything for a piece of cake. So incase you see one tall black man in your dream shouting 'gimme cake', that's definately him.hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back hon! You work is dope mehn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moby mi owon, welcome back ooo!! I've been waiting for the thing u promised me o
    Your work is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back moby, you are really gifted o. I think it is time for me to pick up my brushes and start beating up my face too o. What eye primer and foundation brand do you use? The cake fell ke, my heart would have stopped beating. What made the cake fall ehen? and in the reception venue ehen? Sorry about the long stressful journey, i don't remember ondo being that long though.

    http://journeyofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your work gurl.I just saw most of your beauty makeover and I love the way you do it.You don't always make the person look so fake.You do a good job and I'm proud of you dear

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your work gurl.I just saw most of your beauty makeover and I love the way you do it.You don't always make the person look so fake.You do a good job and I'm proud of you dear

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've bin on a low key mode... *wink wink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back mami. I hope you being on a low key mode means all is well o. Hehe

      Delete
  18. Moby Moby....our very own LDQ.....welcome back....you have been missed greatly....(I have missed you).
    Pele about your journey....its one of those things jawe....that's what makes Naija a great country....hehehe....(don't worry...you will give your children the gist...especally when they are spending too much....ℓ☺ℓ​).
    Tell that 'JJ' guy he cannot win it ọ̥....not when I am here.....(well except for you ofcourse...ℓ☺ℓ​)...the only thing way remain na to come jam you for house finish my stalking adventure....hahaha....and why haven't replied my mails....(you doing me string thing ọ̥).
    How's Tito?....hope he is good and not too sad about arsenal??....(tell him we borrowed him Welbeck to hopefully get a better boost....hehehe).
    And as usual.....I enjoyed todays post....ℓ☺ℓ​....raking your advice to heart and have started taking pictures with my phone....(I must say though.....I don't think I like them so much....but then again....who knows).

    P.S almost forgot....I will be +1 on saturday.....and I have cup out a name for You and LeBoo....."MOBITO"...what do you think??.
    (I know the yan is plenty....you know how I get when I start....ℓ☺ℓ​).
    #NumberTwoFan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praiz hahaha finally you get to leave a comment here. Hahaha. Nice. Thank you so much... JJ knows he cant win the best stalker award na...when we are here. Hehehe. Mobito....I kinda like it. Awwww thanks.. I hope one day you and Tito will see eye to eye on this arsenal man-u thing.... I pray sha. I will reply your email asap. Thanks once again.

      Delete
  19. See drama! I'd wail for days if my wedding cake collapsed. You're truly gifted Moby, and God will always have your back.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*