Monday 6 October 2014

ANOTHER DRAMA IN LAGOS

Welcome to Lagos

Hello beaurifu people... hanz boys and beaurifu gehs... don't be scared.... I'm just in my razz mode noni....LOL... what's going on? How's the sallah break going?....they say if by now you haven't tasted sallah meat, then you need to enroll for a character development program....LOL....  I have been eating meat since Saturday.... I doubt I'll be able to eat meat for the rest of the year cos I am tired already....and christmas is still there oooo...chai! diaris God!


Anyway, I have something beautiful for us today. A cousin of mine sent this to me.... thanks Omo T. It is a very beautiful and funny read and I was laughing all through. I hope you find it as funny as I did.

Here's the gist:

I boarded the big bus at Oshodi. It was one of those very hot evenings when one wondered whether the sun would go down or not. As usual, the bus was crammed with commuters who could not or did not wish to pay the higher fares demanded by the smaller buses. I was in the second category...I just did not want to pay twice the amount for the same journey.

As the seats filled up fast, the conductors began to call for passengers who would have to stand on the aisle between the seats. Standing passengers would pay an even less than what those of us sitting paid. More people rushed in till there was hardly any space in the bus to move and the nauseating smell of dirty, sweaty human bodies filled the air. It was a sorry situation, but we are used to “suffering and smiling” as Fela Anikulapo Kuti put it. The bus began its journey to Mile 2.

A short while into the journey, I expected someone to stand and begin reeling off the benefits of some herbal concoction or some all-healing drug to encourage the rest of us to buy but I was mildly surprised when a young man, who looked like he was in his late 20’s to early 30’s stood up and with a loud baritone voice shouted, “Somebody praise the Lord!”

No one responded with the usual “Hallelujah."

He tried again,”If you know God has been good to you, shout a big hallelujah!” This time, few people responded. This seemed like motivation enough for him so he continued, “My brothers and sisters in this bus, I am here to tell you to repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. Where will you spend eternity? Heaven is real and hell is real! Amend your ways now and forsake sin. Give your life to Christ and it shall be well with you…” On and on he went, admonishing the people to repent. He began to describe specific sins, “If you are into armed robbery, fornication and adultery, repent now! If you know you visit babalawo,doing charms here and there, hell fire is waiting for you. If you are into smoking and drinking, amend your ways. If you are a lady and you are wearing trouser, putting make up, doing attachment, don’t you know that the devil is using you? Repent and forsake those things now! Remember eternity is near.”

His last statement sparked hushed conversations among some passengers. Some giggled, while others tried to analyse what he had just said. The man sitting next to me was obviously upset about something because he kept murmuring incomprehensible jargon and was fuming; inhaling and exhaling deeply. I pretended not to notice.

The preacher kept up his preaching, painting scary pictures of “hell fire” perhaps in a bid to scare people into repentance. It amazed me how he never once mentioned how people can actually repent. He kept hammering on the need for it but never spoke about how to do it. I would have been puzzled if I was seeking repentance at that point because I would not know how to get it. When he felt he had reached the climax of his preaching, he said “Now, my brothers and sisters, some of you know me. I preach in the bus like this everyday, my route is Oshodi to Mile 2 to Orile. My work is to spread the gospel. This is my assignment. If you are led to contribute to the spreading of the gospel, please hand me your offering and I will pray for you. As you give to this ministry, God will never forget you.”

As some people were starting to give the preacher “offering”, the man next to me seemed about to explode. I knew something interesting was about to happen and I was not disappointed. He sprang up from his seat and pointed a finger at the preacher. “You are a useless man!” He shouted. The bus became very quiet. The man next to me continued, “You have no shame, disguising yourself as a preacher and using God’s name to beg. You are nothing but a fake and a sham!” Looking around at the passengers he continued, “Anyone who gives him money is a big fool! This man is not a man of God. A true man of God will never beg.”

“A labourer deserves his wages! So says the Bible!” The preacher shouted back. “You are nothing but an agent of Satan.”

The man did not back down, “You are the one who is an agent of Satan. Did Jesus send you to preach the gospel and collect money for doing so? When he sent his disciples out didn’t he charge them not to collect money for the good they do? You are here deceiving people, saying all sort of nonsense and calling it gospel. Where in the bible was it said that wearing trousers or make up is a sin? Where?”

“Rabashaba rabashaba rede, rede!” The preacher suddenly burst out in tongues. “Ororoshandei! Scatter! Scatter! Icantomaya roboscatter! Yeketeke.” This caused laughter to erupt from the rest of the passengers but the preacher was not fazed. He continued to pray, “Father, you said there will be tribulations! Let this agent of Satan and enemy of the gospel burn forever in hell fire!”

The furious man spoke up, “You will be the one to rot in hell you thief! People like you are a menace, looking for gullible people to exploit. Preaching nonsense instead of preaching love, salvation and forgiveness of sins. Once we get out of this bus I will give you the beating of your life. Next time, you will not try this rubbish.”

“You can do nothing! Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, says the Lord!”

“Hahahahahahahahaha! Anointed abi? Let me see how anointed you are when we get off this bus.”

At that point the conductors who were enjoying the entire spectacle  yelled, “Gbogbo ero, bo le! Everyboby come down. Na Mile 2 be this.” I quickly made my way out of the bus. A commotion was brewing as passengers begged the furious man to pardon the preacher while others took sides with the preacher and were ready to defend him against the man. I walked as fast as my legs could carry me away from that scene and I kept shaking my head.... This is just another day in Lagos.


Every day in lagos has its own drama, issues, surprises and intrigues. Lagosians are very unpredictable in their diposition towards issues but yet predictable as to always give you a view to enjoy...
If you didn't laugh then I guess your problem is greater than the problems in Nigeria..*rolls eyes*...or you are angry cos you're yet to taste sallah meat....*LOL*. Oya come and take small....

So mi lovies....beaurifu people... have a wonderful week ahead. Remember God loves you. We have  86 days left in this year.... mehn God has been so good. I can't believe it.  If you are still waiting and procastinating to do that thing next year....next year don reach o... how long do you want to be procastinating things?.  Start now... start now!!!.

I love you...very plenty.

Cheers.....

23 comments :

  1. Moby u did not call me to come and eat sallah meat abi? *crying*
    Lool @ the drama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther olowo ori me...ale elomi... esteri aya oba jo ma binu....*kneels down*...at this point your head should be big enough o. Ma binu. I'm not a muslim o but I have plenty muslim peeps... oya come and take one... hehehe

      Delete
  2. HAHAHA omg this post had me cracking up ,you see the minute he started talking about make up and attachment i would have been like abeg bros go and have a seat biko start warming your chair lol ( oops this took me way back lol to molue and danfo bus days hehehe where people got up and would be preaching whether you want to hear or not lol i totally forgot about this) all that yarn for contribution boy i wish i was on that bus it would have been "o boy your reward is in heaven oya siddon merge your bumbum with the chair " lol . it sad when someone studies the bible and use it in a manupulative way over other people and as usual when confronted they burst into speaking in tongue what a rogue scam artist oshi lol. that lagos for ya it never a dull day there for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diz got me laffin so hard.The way anyone iz just tryin to exploit the next person in Lagos is really not funny anymore.Oga your reward iz in heaven so just sit down and letz keep thinking about our future. Kenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Lol@ your reward is in heaven. Abi na... thanks Kenny for leaving a comment... mwaaah

      Delete
  4. Do people still take molue?I thought fashola already banned that thing.well back then when I used to enter it, you will see one thin man with plenty pimples advertising a drug that will make you healthy and fat and you would be tempted to ask him if he uses the drug.Everyone is trying to make money somehow.drama in lagos gba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he has brought them back...all na election strategy o. Hahahaha @ man with pimple selling drugs. Bukky you no dey disappoint me sha.hehe

      Delete
  5. Amusu, please save some sallah meat for me oooooooooo - It should be illegal to make me salivate. There is a lot of drama in Lagos that its people could write a book. People like that fake pastor vex me greatly - Instead on preaching the good news, they make it their full time job to criticise people. Seriously, is that what the gospel is all about?

    My name is Obiamaka, I wear trousers, subtle make up and I use extensions, and I am not going to hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oby nne mo... My name is Mobolaji and I am not a terrorist. Hehehehe. Oya nor vex. Its not their fault...people would say anything to deceive and confuse the next person. It is only God that gives knowledge.

      I've kept your meat o. Abeg come and take... hehehehe

      Delete
  6. OMG!!!!!!.....hahaha.....you know what.....that's it...I wanna enter this kinda bus.....I mean you don't get this kinda drama anyday right??......so mami...whenever I come around....get prepared.....hahaha....Jesus Christ!.....and you know, I would have said something if he mentioned my pants....I mean WTF!.......I wear pants cuz I went into a store and spent my hard coin and bought it.....he should check that!.........WTF?!.....like wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Tibs oyo lo wa o...lemme translate... you are on your own. This is what I'll do... I'll put you in the molue then ask the driver to bring you back when he's coming. You know I love you na....maybe leboo would follow you. He likes adventures like that... hahahahaha

      Delete
  7. Moby thnx 4 posting dis write-up, its really 4unny its a real lagos drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... Thanks Sisi. Please can you drop your blog address.... I have a feeling you are a blogger...I hope I'm right o.

      Delete
  8. Hahaha, honestly it is time some people deal with all this fake pastors. I have now refused to give anybody any offering in such buses. I don't know if it is right but i rather give my money to a beggar that i feel is genuine than them. And i didn't get any meat because i don't have plenty muslim friends here and the person i know traveled to spend the sallah with his family. Anyway when he comes back i would collect it by fire by force....lol

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promise me you'll give me sallah meat o*bats lashes*...you know I'm your friend o.

      Delete
  9. Ther is so much drama in Lagos.I cant just stop laughing at it.Everydat I read storys about the drama and I just laugh.Lasgidi. Babe keep my own meat o .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lagos is the home of drama. One day I'll just carry my chair and just go seat in Oshodi then watch the drama...then I'll come back here to give y'all gist. Hehehehe. I've kept your meat...whenever you want it just come and get it.

      Delete
  10. Mehn Moby, i see the Drama everyday, and it is sad how some of these ""preachers"" judge as against preach, they instill fear, instead of love. But hey, who are we to question clerics, if they deceive themselves, na God go judge, if they be sincere, na God go reward... cheers Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehehe i tire o. Lots of drama in lagos indeed. Everyone wanna preach there own making man made principles and calling it "the bible said" na them know o.

    Oya Moby me i didn't eat sallah meat me. We've got to share yours right away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abi... that's why we need discerning spirit. ..to know who is real and who is fake.

      Delete
  12. OMG some people must have got hurt :(

    www.lindabarry,com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*