Thursday 2 October 2014

RANT - SEASON 12 BY LINDA


Hello mi boos...mi darlings....mi kori kosuns...LOL..(that means "dont see, wont sleep")...how ya'll doing?People....it's Thursday...and so..........it's RANT DAY! But first, how many people rocked green white green yesterday? I didn't but my dress had a touch of green... Green is not one of my favorite colours and so I will not be caught wearing it even if I had no choice.... ewhhhhhhh.... sorry to my green lovers..*grin* .. hehehe.



Happy independence day to everyone.... hope we had fun? I did... Yesterday I met the whole of TTT family... it was so cool. Now I can place faces to the commenters on our blogs. Judith is a fine yellow pawpaw, Temi is a beauty to behold, Nike is a black beautiful woman, Duru....Duru...Duru (I think I'm beginning to crush on Duru o) *I hope Jilda and Tibs doesn't see this...Hello Duru..runs off*... hehehe, Esther with the beautiful smile... Thanks Tibs...You did a good job in introducing all of us to each other...kisses boo.



So today is another rant day and I love rant days. They are so interesting. ..people just letting out steam and guess what? This ranter is sooo detailed, straight to the point and very angry. After reading the rant, I got very angry too and I still am. I'm sure we all can relate to this...everyone must have had at least one experience as regards today's rant. I've been in the same situation so I can relate... well here it goes...


RANTER:


Moby last week I went to the super market to buy salt cos I already planned to cook beta jollof rice... so fast track to the market,  I bought Chef salt and went back home. I got home and decided to pour out the salt from the sachet into the salt jar. Lo and behold, Moby what I saw, my mouth can't explain it but I will. I saw rat faeces and dead mosquito in the salt. Immediately I called my sister to be a witness to what I just saw. She just went crazy on me and immediately called the customer care service. Immediately they picked, my sister just started shouting and so they said they were going to call us back in 24 hours. The next day they called and this was what ensued.



"This is Joy from Chef customer care. I am calling regarding a complaint made by you yesterday as regards our salt.”


“Yes?”


“Please I’d like to have your house address.”



At this, my sister shook her head, signalling  a disapproval and I replied “Why do you want my house address?”



“To replace the salt.” was Joy’s answer.



“I refuse to give you my house address for security reasons, and I don’t intend to use your salt anymore so there is no need for you to replace it. I only alerted you to the situation so that you know what to do to stop producing unhygienic salt, and probably call back that entire batch.”



Joy’s tone suddenly turned hostile. 
“Look madam, you have to give us your house address. Besides if you refuse to use our salt again, other Nigerians will use it. If you like go to places and report. You could even be a lawyer or journalist for all I care, you can’t stop us from doing business. Our salt is still the best in this nation”. Then she banged the phone.



We were in utter shock. We could not believe the sudden turn of the conversation. My sister being hot-headed decided to call back immediately. Joy picked up again and my sister went into a rage:



“Hello, do you not have respect? How dare you speak that way to me? I called to complain about your product and you insult me?”



Joy responded, “Please, please, please. Who do you think you are? You want to spoil the name of this company but you will not succeed. You are nothing but a shameless woman trying to cause trouble. You will never succeed, you hear me? Our salt is the best and you can go and die if you don’t like it.” She banged the phone again.



This country…see lawlessness…is this how a customer care representative ought to speak? Are they going to just get away with this, while innocent Nigerians keep consuming this unhygienically produced salt, endangering their health and lives?



I just went back to the market, bought another salt and left them to their fate. May God help us all.




MOBY SPEAKS



My people I am as irritated as you....I practically can't say anything now...I don't want to so I don't say the wrong things....But I believe these people shouldn't get away with this unscathed .. Please who else has been through this? or who has anything to say....Let's talk..



Cheers....


19 comments :

  1. Customer service in this country is nonexistent... have you not seen the way the customer service reps in banks talk? like it's my fault they got the job so they have to transfer whatever aggression on me... as for the salt company, God knows if it was me, then their office was in trouble... I go find dat stupid Joy girl beat Migwo Vrendo comot for her body, married woman or not, how dare she talk to a paying customer that way?
    Awwwww @ my smile... I shine my teeth well na, abi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha @ beat Migwo Vrendo....funny geh but truly the bank's customer reps are worse... I have had several encounter with their sorry asses and its not fun at all.
      You have a beautiful smile mami *kisses*

      Delete
  2. yup i dont even think i own anything green but i said a prayer for nigeria instead lol... so that joy had the nerve to insult someone over cheap salt.. the nerve of some people sighs.. i hope one day customer service gets better in nigeria that ridiculous imagine how many people are consuming such filth i hope someone puts them on blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amennnnn....that's a very big prayer. May God help us.

      Delete
  3. Happy independence day Moby.This country is just unbearable. May God help us all.Imagine the girl with the effrontery to just talk to a customer anyhow.You just hear people die and we do not know how.Someine that was perfectly okay just wakes up in the morning and start purging and the person dies.If the food you eat won't kill you, the polluted water will or the bad roads or the lack of power supply or even the hospital will kill you.It is God that has been keeping us alive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bukky you are a clown I swear. ...abeg chop kiss o jare. Its true sha...na sometin go kill person at the end of the day.

      Delete
  4. Okei.....I am not entirely sure of what to say buh I had a similar experience with a cab company here....so I am just gonna say this, NEVER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA.....mami....if the company doesn't listen to your complaint....then they will be FORCED to listen to thousands of people complaints bout not listening to you(either thru facebook or twitter)....crazy right?.....If I pay good money for a service I EXPECT to get good service -----if I pay for salt I EXPECT to get salt>>>>>>> NOT rat-infested salt.....mami there is a difference......Hiya mamacita

    **I see you**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True.... she started an hashtag on twitter and I trust my Nigerian people....that salt can't stay in the market for long...the power of social media.

      **I double sight you mami**

      Delete
  5. Is this life or what? I be so calm. Shake my head and zones of* I feel so sorry for the ranter, am so sorry for the loss of that 50 naira gan, e pain me die. But the truth is..... In short I can't talk when am so emotional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha.... Susan you are just a person....you are too funny. Just calm down mami.these are the things we face in this country and we have to survive... Like Bukky said something would have to kill us at the end of the day... it is only God that can help us. Oya come and hug me jor....
      I sent you a mail. ... please reply

      Delete
    2. *virtual hugs you* something must kill a man God forbid say nah salt wey I take my money buy even my dead body go riot #nollywood style. I didn't see no mail oh.

      Delete
  6. Thats the thing invoke o. Companies negligence to those very things that can bring the down fall of their coys. In Nigeria it's only God that will intervene. Even the bread they produce countless times i have seen so many irritating things inside. My bro insisted on eating only sliced bread sef but abeg all na d same. Pure water is not pure, salt again is contaminated. Na wa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temi you wont believe this but once I saw an office pin in my sliced bread... the things we face ehn...we are the definition of a real survivor...

      Delete
  7. Shey? I'm sure no one would have expected such response from a company that's supposed to be remorseful. ..there is God sha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Moby,I kno I have been away for long. School thinz. Nice post here but, ikno iv asked ds b4. Does your Boufriend or fiance read your blog?becos I don't know how he reads some of the things you write and still stay cool.If I dare say some of these things,my oga would vex like a mad dog bit him. I really want to kno how he handles it like me saying I still crush on other guys or I like fine boys? Mhen it would be like I killed sm1.He won't be able to breathe well sef. He needs to be friends with leboo.I really don't kno hw leboo is cool with ds, maybe you shld be sure he's not upset inside oo cos he appears too amazing to be true.pls bring him on here we want to see him. Me especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha.... oh lawd haff merci... truly truly do you know he reads most of my post before I push the publish button? Hahaha. I think he would have an issue with it but let's face the fact...who doesn't like fine boy? Cos I say it doesn't make me bad....it just means I'm normal. But I know where to draw the line....I never cross that line....hehehe.
      Welcome back pwetty lala. How's school? I don miss u o.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the compliment, Moby. As for the post, there's nothing one will not see in this country. So much for customer care service! Nike.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really rude and annoying conversation sha.......it's either the Customer service rep is just like that or she had personal problems she could not deal with before time....besides returning the packet of salt would not even solve the problem....but Moby you can report this case to reportam.com.ng
    Where money is involved, girls are not smiling. lol
    *i've missed this blog for too long*

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*