Sunday 2 November 2014

THE WORD FOR TODAY - ONE MORE TIME


Then Samson prayed to the LORD, "Sovereign LORD, remember me again. O God, please strengthen me just one more time..." 
-Judges 16:28 (NLT)

At times, it seems we have blown up every opportunity we have, we could have messed up on several occasions and the enemy is telling us that it is all over. Listen, it is not over until it is over, there is one more coming up. Samson was anointed by God and was mighty in God's hands, however, he was brought down by sin, the enemy found a loop hole in his life through which he penetrated and caused him to loose what God deposited in him. Nevertheless, Samson was able to bounce back. Our verse for today talks about his prayer to God for restoration, he acknowledged God as his Lord and King, and sought His face, our God is a merciful God, {2 Chronicles 30:9}, if we return to him and ask for His mercy He is able to forgive us and restore us. Note that Samson killed more Philistines when he died than when he lived, in fact it was Samson's choice to die, God did for him exactly what he asked, I believe if he only asked for God to restore him and not for him to die with the philistines he would have had it. He had a greater accomplishment after he remembered God and came back to Him. Like the father of the prodigal son, God will be waiting for us to come back to Him; He has a destiny and purpose for our lives. if you have missed it once and feel you can't get back up again, that is a lie of the enemy, you can bounce back, don't let the devil hold you back with guilt and condemnation, as long as you repent and turn to God, He can lift you up again. A song writer said 'we fall down, but we rise up, for a saint is just a sinner who fell down, but got up', the tragedy will be for you to fall and remain down, get up and bounce back. 
Have a brilliant week ahead and happy new month.

CONFESSION

My past is not my future, I may have made mistakes in my past but I will not be stuck because of my past mistakes, Thank you Jesus for your blood that has erased my past and released me to a new season of your grace, mercy and favour .Halleluyah!

SOURCE : JOLA AND DEXTER AKIN-ALAMU

P.S: Today is someone's birthday....whoop whoop....and i am so excited for her. Happy birthday to mami Tibs Thowbee Mofaya. I pray that God blesses you with long life, prosperity,  happiness, good health, plenty children and everything you wish yourself... Have a wonderful birthday huni.
Isn't she beautiful?

11 comments :

  1. I've been refreshing my blog list waiting for This Word!
    Thanks for this mami- Esther Koko

    ReplyDelete
  2. **covers face** Moby!!!!...This is a set-up!....you and everyone are so close to giving me a heart attack today if I am not careful... Wow!!!!....Mami...thank you...Words fail me mami....I mean....you have done alot today...I dunno what to say and I have decided to cry no more..I mean...that goddamnbullshit tears of joy gotta hold on a lil mehnnnn....I mean...wth!...hehe...Mami....I am grateful mami. I don't forget people who do nice things for me. (hold on to that) God bless you mami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I did not know that Moby is very spiritual. What a wonderful post! Thank you so much for the Love. It is overwhelming. It means so much to us that you took out time to put up something like this for my Empress. Thanks a lot. You and Tito are really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaay...oga mofaya visited my blog and left a comment. Now that's a big deal. Guess who's happier than Tibs today? Would have said me but no one can beat the happiness level on Tib's end right now. Thank you papi

      Delete
  4. Moby I saw you, eeeh, I even saw le boo, on Tib's video, you are pretty. So Duru saw you hmm and had to mention it on his blog, did you dash him money abi wetin, chio. I know this is off the point, pardonez moi. Going to reflect on the word for today, rarely flip my bible to Judges.
    Happy bufday Tibs! And have a good day Moby, pls where is monday post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preach on drama queen!


    Nice post.






















    #Mannie




    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*