Sunday 9 November 2014

IT IS JUST FOR NOW...IT WON'T LAST


"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." 
-2 Corinthians 4:17-18

Challenges are part of life, never look at the situation you find yourself as a ‘problem’, it’s only a challenge and guess what, it is temporary. From time to time in our journey of life, we will face challenges, some of which will cause heart aches and broken hearts, infact some have allowed their challenges to stall their journey in life. It’s wisdom to acknowledge that there is a challenging situation, however we must not allow the situation to hold us bound, we should acknowledge it and fix our gaze on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. He is our ultimate mentor, He walked on this earth and went through every kind of challenging situation, yet He was victorious. 
We also need to come to the understanding that whatever we are going through is temporary and will soon pass no situation lasts forever, Jesus told us in John 16:33 that we will face challenges in this world, but we should be of good cheer for He has overcome the world. We need to take control of the situation and not allow the situation to take control of our lives. You need to be determined that whatever cross you are carrying will not deter you from following God, as that cross is just there to flex your muscles and that phase of your life will soon be over. There is always a point in the pain, learn to understand the point, so you can grow.  

Also don’t accept the lie of the devil that the challenging situation is peculiar to you, 1 Cor 10:13 from the NLT says “the temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure” 
We need to understand that we are on a journey, on assignment from heaven and it's got to be all about Him , the enemy does try use our 'going through' period to distract us from our 'going to', which should be our main focus, we need to keep our eyes on the author and finisher of our faith. Note that the affliction is light and temporary, BUT the glory is weighty and permanent.

CONFESSION
I make God my focus, as I look to the Lord, I will not be ashamed, His word is my light and my salvation, therefore I declare that I am invincible, I cannot be defeated, greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. Halleluyah!

Have a lovely and blessed week ahead

SOURCE: JOLA AND DEXTER AKIN-ALAMU

4 comments :

  1. Feels like this word was for me..... Thank you Moby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Affliction is for a nite, for joy comment in the morning. I love this post
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our pain is temporary but the glory that awaits us is eternal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make God my focus, as I look to the Lord, I will not be ashamed, His word is my light and my salvation, therefore I declare that I am invincible, I cannot be defeated, greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. Halleluyah!

    AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*