Friday 26 September 2014

SAVE THE FOOTIE DAYS WITH CHIKA





Hello my dearest Mobylizing mobylizers.....may your mobility never be rendered immobile in Jesus’ name ...AMEN ooo...

 How are you?.....how market???...... If you know the kind of threats I have received in less than 48 hours because I said I won't be blogging frequently..ehn....na wa ooo..I have been threatened with brimstone and fire and even police.... I don’t even know what to do anymore. 

But wait ooo.....I didn't say I'm going totally na.. I said I won’t be blogging everyday like before. Dasall.... don't worry..When I come back fully again you guys will know wats up....na una go tire.



You know when you hear that a friend of yours just died and you go... “I just spoke to that nigga like last night”,... may God not let our case be like that in Jesus’ name. Yesterday I woke up perfectly normal, spoke to a few of my friends and I just thought I should return to sleep to wake up later to do quite a few things I already planned out for the day. I woke up not too long after and I stood up to go and boil water and that was the last thing I remembered... Next thing I could see was the house spinning and my head pounding like the Hulk was giving me knocks....  I couldn't talk nor open my eyes and my phone was far from me. 



I was on the floor for nothing less than 10 minutes before I could crawl to my phone and then called Le boo. I have never seen myself as pathetic as I was yesterday.  I got to the hospital, ran some tests and they said they were going to admit me.....Choi! If you must know, Moby and hospitals don't work well. I hate hospitals and I hate injections more so I requested for drugs that I could take at home...I just couldn’t entertain the thought of being confined to a hospital bed with needles and catheters   flying all around the room....”emi ko!” (not me mhen!).



After the whole hospital saga, I was home in 3 hours and believe this...I was already dancing shoki!!!... Let me whisper something to you.... I can dance shoki well now. I just love that dance... it’s so cute. As for Tibs and ms cookie don't worry I know you don't know what I'm talking about but I'll teach you the dance when you come to Nigeria....*wink*.



 To all the people that lost their minds when they found out I was in the hospital e.g Tibs (she even threatened Le boo when she called....said she would shoot him with her bazooka....mami Tibs), Bimbo, Bukky. ...thank you so much. Your home girl is fine and doing well. I've not taken any drugs yet because when I do that's when I would really fall sick and become weak...but I would have to...Boo would kill me if I don’t. I'm usually very ugly when I take ill. You don’t want to see me in that state...hehehe.



So what do I have for you today?.....



 A friend of mine who is a chef...remember my chocolate birthday cake, she baked it. Well she is a professional chef and she is good. Because of her I have become a foodie. I just can't let someone else be her taster when I'm around...No way am I letting that happen in this lifetime.  



She sent me this article and asked that I put it on the blog...(by fire by  force). The pictures are simply amazing....now I'm hungry but I don't have appetite. I feel like taking fish pepper-soup with yam...hmnnnnnn.  Let's see what chika has for us today.



One of the issues of having a man, who is jovial, loves food and football is simply..... His friends. So every Saturday, when it’s football time, the guys come over to the house, say their greetings and then expect me to cook for them [shuu me sef like football na] and I don’t want to spend the whole time in the kitchen and miss the match, so I decided to come up with easy bites that won’t take my time and energy. I even found out that these bites are also good for small get togethers and gisting periods with the girls. You can even make a platter of them all and serve




1. Kebab with sweet soy sauce in onion leaf - it could be chicken or beef. You can cut them into strips or cubes, marinate your chicken with salt, white pepper and mixed spices and let it rest in the fridge. The longer it stays the better. You can do this a night before your event then fix them in the skewer and pan fry or pan grill them. Serve with soy sauce mixed with honey [1:1 ½] and chopped onion leaf. Or even with mixed vegetables.


2. Fish ball/ beef balls with sweet soy chilli sauce - This is one easy bite that takes less than 15minutes to make. Pouch your fish [i.e. place in boiling water for 3minutes] remove bones from the fish and mesh them, add one egg, some onion leaves and some flour till it can be shaped into balls. Coat in bread crumbs and deep fry. Follow the same process for minced beef. Serve with sweet soy sauce, but replace chopped onion leaf with red chilli.




3. Fried yam or potatoes with corn beef sauce - Sometimes you don’t have to be fancy. I went for a fancy wedding reception and I was shocked to see fried yam and fish *lool* so who says I can’t serve this at home. Just make sure your tomato sauce is good. I like adding corn beef to the sauce so it’s not blank.




4. Plantain and gizzard sauce - I learnt this from a friend and I think it’s a healthy small bite. I can eat it every day. Dice your plantain, fry them, chop your gizzard or any other part of chicken and make a sauce with it, mix the plantain with the sauce. Now tell me isn’t that simple. That’s my number one lazy chef food loool.




5. Pepper soup- Who can resist the temptations of pepper soup? It’s one of Africans pride soup and we love it spicy. Pepper soup is really good for the body and easy to make. You can also enjoy them with yam or bread. Yes I said bread, that’s how the French eat their soup, with bread.




 I hope I have been pretty helpful. So when next the boys decide to come and watch the match in your house even when they have the option of a viewing centre**rolls eyes**, just know it is because of what you offer that the viewing centre can't.  I rest my case.



Aiight Mobylizers....once again I aint going  nowhere...I’m here to stay...For you, me and all of us....Let’s keep being good...later ya’ll



Cheers...


19 comments :

  1. **screaming** Yeah mehn!!!!!!!.....you know...Le boo needs to buy a bulletproof vest mehn....cuz whenever I come to Africa....we gon' take a ride......hehe....oh mami...thank God you are okay.....I mean I started feeling like patient zero....like I was making people around me sick.....Phew!.....so yeah...welcome back mi lovely mamacita and Go Nowhere!!!!......okay lets talk bout these dishes......Beef Kebab and I are best friends....anything that has yams to go with it - I am game anytime.....I love yams alot....buh you know....I am a terrible cook....buh I can always put these together quite easily......mehn its good to have you back......**whispering** I got mad stalking skills....I am sure you know that now....hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always had the feeling that you are my sister from another mother....I love yam...I'm addicted to coke and I have stalking skills mehn.... hehehe. I'm sure when you come to Africa, you won't see boo's brake light because of your bazooka...hehehehe. I'm not going anywhere mami. I'm here to stay

      Delete
  2. Moby is backkkk!! I sent you two mails and two pictures! You berra tell me you got them
    These pictures tho *drools* I am hungrrrryyyy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see it mami. ...which of my mails did you send it to....you better resend it or else....Tibs borrow me your bazooka abeg. ... oya send now

      Delete
  3. Welcome back, glad you are fine. All these looks yummy
    Afolabi Tosyne's blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moby darling! So sorry! :'( thank God you're better now. You better take your drugs oh. These dishes tho *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys moby is not feeling well o.I just spoke to her dramatic head and she didn't sound too good . she's putting the blame on her drugs.said she's going to the clinic later.please let's pray for her. I'm feeling like one bestie at the moment . Don't mind me.But who is moderating comments? Better beg her to drop her phone and rest.Moby mafara le o.jo o.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Moby.......
    i dunno who invented injections and drugs but syrup is the best option..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate injections ehn...kai... its not nice at all.... thanks Ugo

      Delete
  7. Amen to that,yaaay welcome back cause i was yo u better not dissapear, and as for shoki dance i am going to youtube and see what i can come up with cuz honeeey i am a terrible dancer with 2 left feet it better i start practising now hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. That experience must have been hella scary. Pele, welcome back & try not to scare us again, sho gbo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very very scary o my sister. ... I promise not to scare us again...hehehe. thanks Toin

      Delete
  9. Aww, sorry to hear that you were ill.
    Welcome back hun, thank God! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true don't know if they think i be cook, me sef be Man U fan an lolol
    Thanks for this tips joo
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are ok Moby, your chef friend needs to tutor me seriously, I am a terrible cook honestly but I will definitely try the plantain and gizzard one. Your comments on my blog are always heart warming, I just like you babe, no homo. Hope you had a nice day?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank God you are better,take your drugs oh...
    Now I want to eat pepper soup....when next you hosting the friends lemme know I'm a big ball fan too
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank God you are fine now,welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy. Tnk God u r OK nw.
    www.makeupcubicle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*