Wednesday 3 September 2014

NEPA PLEASE TAKE THE LIGHT


Hellooooo ....Eyin peoples mi...(my people).....what's crakalacking...(don’t ask me what that means oooo....I heard someone say it too...LOL)...Its day 3 of the 1st of the ember months....how market so far?...not too good?...don’t worry I'm sure God has got your back and if all is going according to plan?.....then give thanks to God almighty....shikena! Tibs put something up on her blog yesterday and I was so touched and inspired. The message was clear... but knowing I have thief-ing blog post ability *covers face*, I will not steal this post but I want to you all to go over to her blog and read it. Just go here

Today...hmmmn...I’m typing with half my consciousness, half my strength and half of one hand.....why?.....It’s because I’m dead tired....yeah..I’ve started ‘gyming’ **yaaay*. Y'all know I am taking this weight loss thing serious and to that person that asked if I'm the one watching my weight or its my weight that's watching, contunu...Diarisgodu oo.

The gist for today is rather funny and many who live outside Nigeria (and do not know how we roll here) might not understand where I’m coming from or the point I’m trying to make with this post. But for those of us that are based here *wink* you would definitely feel me.

I live in Ogba...and lately, there has been very steady power supply...when I say VERY, I mean very very..and this is scary, worrisome and quite disturbing....Please don't ask me why...... Okay fine ask me why... You know here in Nigeria, when you have light for so long, it becomes a problem...People start to panic...because you just know that once the power holders decide to hold their thing, they would take back all what they gave you......... with interest.

There was a day I got to my house in the afternoon and I saw that we had light, I went into depression mode immediately because the “Nepa” way is ; ‘have light in the afternoon....use candle at night’ and sometimes vice-versa...so I started hoping and praying they take light oooo...so that my fan would work for me over night. Even recently...when the light stays almost all day, people switch off their lights because it just feels awkward to see the light bulbs on all day:...when it’s not that rapture is taking place...abi...LOL.

But how come things have gotten so bad in this country?..Do you know if you are driving on some roads and you do not meet any traffic jam, you would be worried and probably scared that maybe something bad is happening somewhere upfront. Just Imagine being on the 3rd mainland bridge by 7am on a Monday morning, and you do not see any traffic??.......fear go catch me ooo....*LOL*

Or imagine you go pass a police check point in Ikeja and the policemen greet you with courtesy, ask the required routine questions and let you go without the line “wetin dey for boys?”...me I go surprise sha..LOL

It’s funny how we have gotten soooo used to things not working and even when they work, we get scared...Truth is, those who are meant to ensure Nigeria works correctly are busy working their bank accounts and selfish cravings. Let’s take power for example, don’t you think we have better power supply as a result of the forth coming elections????....and people would still fall victim for this political prank and still vote for these same people who before now did not care who had light and who didn’t and for how long they didn’t..I learnt there are areas in Lagos that haven’t had light for up to 5 months....shuuuuu!!!!!
 
When I was in Uni, I stayed with my mum for 3 years...that's from my 100 level to 300 level. If I tell you that we didn't have a transformer in that area for close to 4 years, I'm sure most of you won't believe me but its the truth and I know so many areas, even in 2014, that do not have transformers talkless of having power supply. 

Anyway...I believe everyone (especially our Naija based dem) would have had an experience of getting worried when something you didn’t expect would work seemed to work....Let's read from you...gist us about your fears LOL...Also lets know what else would worry or surprise you if it appeared to work or operate well (the way they ought to run though *raised eyebrow for the government*)....

I’m waiting...***winks***”

Cheers!
 

27 comments :

  1. Lol Moby Moby! My former home, we get this kinda feeling too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So una don port go better house. Mehn I really want to be like you when I grow up o.

      Delete
  2. I am kinda worried about the Nepa abi is it phcn in my area too.
    Just yesterday I was thinking maybe I should go to their office and check if there was anybody left there in case they like mistakenly left it on and traveled and forgot about it or something.
    Its so strange ehn to have unblinking steady light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Funmi. I think you should still go and check o cos this steady power supply is scaring me.

      Delete
  3. Moby, I get what u're saying jare. The last time we had light this good was during the subsidy saga and when NEPA or is it PHCN guys were on strike i.e when some of them were laid off. Some people said it was dem soldiers who were manning PHCN offices and the guys refused to shut down o. Everybody was like so power supply can be stable like this 4 naija? Nigeria go beta jare. Good job, Moby! Nike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Power supply can actually be stable in Nigeria. I just don't know what their problem is in this country...really. Thanks Nike

      Delete
  4. Well *shrugs* we don't have steady supply here yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Amaka... So happy to have you back *mwaah*

      Delete
  5. lol@rapure, it really sad when things go smootly and you begin to worry about the catch i guess it goes against the norm. just try and enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mehn its hard trying to enjoy the moment in this country becuase the repercussion is always a double fold. So let's worry o.

      Delete
  6. This phcn ish is actually d same everywhr. P.S Thanks fr mentioning my name when thanking pple,I feel highly honoured

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its everywhere o.we've been having light plenty in my area.was thinking of going to their office later next week to report ourself to them.maybe they've forgotten that they've left the light for too long.that's the only explanation for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha @ Anon. Please go and report yourself o. Lol

      Delete
  8. See you!! I was reading your post and Port Harcourt electrical distribution company decided to take their light. Tell them to bring it back o...lol. When constant supply of light happens i start preparing myself for almost 2 weeks of no light, they have made us to think like that. It is even bad that when i traveled and woke up to see that there was no light (i switched off the light when i wanted to sleep) i was already thinking it was normal and about to do my normal routine before i remembered that i switched the lights off. God help our leaders to do right and stop thinking about their damn pockets!

    Http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. As in your mind and body has adjusted to the NO LIGHT. Its worrisome. God help us and help our government.

      Delete
  9. NEPA..PHCN..BEDC..if they like they should sheing their name again,we'l keep buying fine fine generators and inverters and who knws...I could present their company to u on ur bridal shower #i'mbadlykthat# ..finally gone through most if nt all the posts and I love loveeeeee 'em.I've adopted u as my big sister already...and its by fire by force you must do....see ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dupe please I don't want their company o..hahahaha.those people are confused. They would soon change the name..I'm very sure. You read most of my posts? Wow. Awwww thank you. Mwaah*. I'm a big sister now..yaaaaay. You don't have to use force...I don accept *oya come and hug me jor*

      Delete
  10. Bin in lag sinc friday nd Nepa /phcn hv bin surprisin me ooo...wonderin if not d lag i left 2 monts ago.,..it is so scarryyy my sista seein light 24/7
    *Oluwabibs

    ReplyDelete
  11. You see ehn, i used to believe in this country, i used to want to be like Chude and Debola and cause change for my country. But Today, and just every other day, my Drive, Hope and faith in this Hell Hole of a Nation dies. You know ehn, i am the kinda Nigga that belives in hope, Change and a Better Nigeria, but with what I see Day in Day out Baby mi, My hope dries like water dripping from a wet cloth.

    Shey they said in 2013, that Nigeria had the fastest growing Groo Domestic Product in Africa, and thinking about it now yeah, I can only ponder. You see we are Fucked up like this in Nigeria, and our Economy boomed so much in 2013, now imagine what would happen if we had all that needs to work, WORKING. Moby i have lost hope in this Country Bubba, but oh well I saved 2% in my heart of Hearts. lemme end with a Combo of my Dad and Mum's fav quotes.

    One Day, One Day (Dad).... Gbo gbo e a da (Mum) Cheers Buubba, and thanks for provoking my thought Buds ... **Winks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mum and dad sound like a cute couple...your dad would start a sentence and mummy gets to finish it...hmnnn... But truly one day one day gbogbo e a da...it shall be well.

      Delete
  12. Moby, mine is different. If I don't see light I will think the world is coming to an end. Cus where I live there is constant light. If our transformer spoil in the next 2hrs they will repair it and its not those local transformers oo. I don't even have Gen. I live in AJ around AS. I don't want to say too much but where I live it is an obligation for us to have light. I've been living here since 2012 but have no Gen to my name.
    Concerning hold up, the only hold up we have is traffic light and traffic warding. I take drop 400naira from my house to work which is kind of far. The 500naira coming back cus people will be rushing home. Along is so cheap. I can go a long distance with 100naira. The only thing that is costly is housing. If u have a house in the main town ur made. Where I live is built for the rich (na elrufai talk am) No sweat. Life is sweet mehn. I wanted to reside in lag but remembered I love the good life and changed my mind. I hate stress.
    I am half Ajebo to the core. My greatest wedding gift which I am praying for is our own property in the main town with I and my husband's name on it. Cus that's a great way to start a family. Cus living in the outskirt is bundage like living in lag hehehehehehe!!
    Life is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I believe that one day in Nigeria there will be a revolution and a great leader will rise up (I might be the one) and cause tremendous changes.

    Funny enough, where my parents live in another state, ones it 6:30pm there will be light till 8am. And most times Nepa continue from where they stopped. So I will get mad if I don't see light. Omo! Na only me waka come naija see good things?

    I over believe in this country that's y I can't live outside. I can't live abroad atall.#GodblessNigeria

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahha..i read Tibs post too and its really inspiring..as par your Nepa..well maybe Goodluck Jonathan is working. Cheers

    http://proudlywoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. My first time on your blog. This article was written about two years ago but still relevant, good write up mobi.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*