Sunday 5 July 2015

THE WORD FOR TODAY - IT IS ONLY TEMPORARY

Today’s Scripture
“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.”
(2 Corinthians 4:17, NIV)
 
TODAY’S WORD
Your troubles and trials in this life are only temporary. In fact, today’s verse tells us they are momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles don’t last long at all. As you stand strong in faith during times of adversity, Scripture says that you are achieving eternal glory. When you confess your trust and reliance on God, you are passing the test.

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to Jesus! The Bible says that He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. He is the one who deposits faith in your heart and then tends to it until it is fully developed. Your part is to keep your heart open and choose words of faith and victory.

Remember, your words set the course for your life. Confess your faith in the Father. Set your mind on Him. Look for His hand moving in your life. Focus on that eternal glory because your troubles here are only temporary!

A Prayer for Today
“Father, thank You for working Your eternal glory in me. I cast my cares on You, knowing that my trials and troubles are only temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on my life today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

SOURCE - JOEL AND VICTORIA OSTEEN

5 comments :

  1. Hello and happy Sunday. Many thanks for sharing the word and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know yeah baby mi.. EveryboRRy has an issue.. Be it big.. or Small.. cash related or Sex related.. Money related.. or Cravings related... Academics related.. or health related.. But on the Long run yeah.. I guess it all boils down to realizing that GOD is both all we need and all we hacSHually HAVE.. I mean like the song goes.. "I waka waka no one no one.." There is no one like GOD.. No one even comes close... and there is no one who will love us like he does.. I mean he made us nah..

    Bubba... I guess Realizing that "this too shall pass" is also a major strength in passing the travails of life.. I mean my cravings are crazy right now.. But realizing that this too shall pass helps me make the best of choices (regardless how hard these choices are)... This was such an apt and ghen ghen post baby mi.. I can totally relate... Thanks for sharing Pastor Mobylicious Moby.. **Winks.. and the crowd goes... Oooooossshheeey Turn uP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ever so much for feeding us with the word, sister? So, you know about the Osteen family - my dad and I always look forward to Joel's sermons because he knows how to lift our spirits

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*