Sunday 8 May 2016

THE WORD FOR TODAY - FOR YOUR GOOD

Today’s Scripture
“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”
(Romans 8:28, NLT)
TODAY'S WORD
Every person goes through disappointments and things that don’t seem to make sense. It’s easy to get discouraged and think, “Why did this happen to me?” “Why did my loved one not make it?” “Why did this person treat me wrong?” “Why did I get laid off?” A man recently told us how he lost his job after many years. He just didn’t understand it. He said, “I gave that company my best. I was always there on time. I was loyal. It’s just not right.”

We have to understand that even though life is not always fair, God is fair. He promises that He will work all things together for our good. The key word in today’s verse is “together.” In other words, don’t just isolate one part of your life and say, “Well, this is not good.” “It’s not good that I got laid off.” “It’s not good that my child got sick.” “It’s not good that my relationship didn’t work out.” Yes, that’s true, but that’s just one part of your life. God can see the big picture. That disappointment is not the end. Your life doesn’t stop because of one setback. That is simply one piece of your puzzle. There is another piece coming to connect it all because God promises to work all things together for your good!

A Prayer for Today
“Father, thank You for working all things together for my good. I choose to release any doubt, frustration or confusion over my past, and I choose to trust in You. Help me to see the big picture as I keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen

SOURCE: JOEL AND VICTORIA OSTEEN

3 comments :

  1. Amennnn things surely works together for Gloria Okaiman's good in Jesus name amen.


    Please guys visit my blog www.trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your positiviy, and I agree there is a purpose in everything we experience even though we may not know what it is at the time. Surrounding yourself with good people and energy also makes a huge difference.

    Sincerely,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*