Wednesday 23 March 2016

DEAR MOBY


Hellluuurrrr *in my strangest Madea's voice*
How y'all doing?
You know Moby is back when you get a Dear Moby series in a week *covers face*. Feels so good to be back. 

What's crackalacking?
MY MOOD RIGHT NOW? Mixed emotions.
I made a major life decision yesterday... nope I executed a major life changing decision yesterday. I should be happy about it but I made the decision months ago but I executed it 9 days earlier than I should have and I feel down tintin ni (small)... but I am happy I made the decision. I can see lots of people waiting to hear the gist... ntorrr. The decoders are trying to decode the gist... na lie. I am not telling anyborri... hehe.

Okay..... what do I have today?
I saw this picture while I was away and I was very angry at first until I decided to drink very cold water and use wisdom.
The message reads "Stop giving men money...A man is not a man if he has to KEEP ASKING a woman for money."

Okay maybe the designer of the message was a lil bit harsh but here's my opinion.
I have no problem giving my man money. Its no big deal. I would do it a million times over if I have to. I mean we are supposed to be a team right?. I cover your shame, you cover mine.
I heard a story of a man that didn't have a job for close to 2 years but no one in the man's or woman's family knew cos the woman would send money on behalf of the guy to them... buy stuff in the house... Basically covered the man's shame till he got a job *that's my kinda woman...she's the baddest*

But the word KEEP ASKING is what I have a problem with.
When I was staying with my mum, there was this neighbor of ours that their case was out of this world. The wife was doing about three jobs... She worked in a bakery, she was a tailor and she was working another job. But her husband was lazy AF. He would wake up, stretch his leg around the neighborhood (he does that so that he wouldn't be there when the wife is setting the dinning table for breakfast). He comes back expecting breakfast (and he gets it...thanks to wifey). When she's going out, she drops money for him...Then he sleeps all day... wakes up and goes to the viewing centre to watch football and drink with the cash wifey dropped.
Now my point is its okay for a woman to give money to her man but if he keeps asking without showing any effort of trying to make money then he stops being the man... the woman is already the man if she has to take care of the house. I tell people 'atleast show that you're trying.... fake it till you make it". Some men just irritate me... they are lazy and they are proud of it. They gossip like women, gist like women and do nothing all day. I have plenty of them in my estate. I didn't mention names o *picks up slippers incase I need to run*
That's my own one piece... just my own thought.
I want to read your thought. 
Should a man collect money from his woman and does that make him any less of a man?

Let's talk.

10 comments :

  1. Just like you said, when one is in a relationship or marriage (since we are help mate) it should be vice versa, I help you - you help me, I give you - you give me. But some guys can be so lazy ehhnn, that was how this friend of mine was always asking me for money or recharge cards, one day I told him to start collecting same from his fiancee, which one be my own.
    Then I was on my own jejely when one guy started calling me up last month o,said he got my number from his fwend, he likes me and all, then weeks later he asked me to send him money, even sent his account number (as per say he love me na) and he said if he doesn't love me he wont ask me (see mumu), he was giving me orisirisi stories (in his mind he has jammed mugun)... I told him off there and then, gave him words ehnn, since that day he stopped calling me (love has expired). I had blacklisted his number sef, even blocked him on social media, mi o raye iranu.
    Then I know most married guys in my area who are lazy eehnn, chai, their wives even pay their children school fees (may such never be our portion).

    So... A hardworking and responsible man(men) could collect from his woman while a lazy one MUST NOT collect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is ridiculous that when a man gives money to his woman there is no problem but when it is time for the woman to recipocrate then there is a problem. Women have to learn that a relationship is a two way street. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Lady Moby I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats because the average african man prides himself on the ability to provide. Most of them, once they can provide at home, they see themselves as demigods and wanna be treated as such. No more helping around the house, not even with d kids they made with their women. Now, if the woman can do their job(providing) and still do hers(homefront) isnt she allowed to loud it? Abegi!

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with anon18.43. makes sense. the pride that a man gets providing for his wife should be the push to even work harder. theres just satisfaction and peace when you know your wife looks and feels good cos her husband js doing something right

      Delete
  3. Well Moby I disagree with you. some men are not lazy. things are not just working for them and if their woman has, then she gives. who else do I ask from if not my wife. I will keep asking if I have to but I am not lazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like there are houswives in Nigeria, there are house husbands in the western world where the couple agree that the woman will go to work, and the man will stay home to care for the family and sort all domestic activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but is it proper for a man to be house husband irrespective of westernization. God created man to be the head. When he cursed adam and eve he said to the man in Genesis 3:17 and unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life. and in verse 19 in the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. The man was cursed to hustle till he dies so fuck western world. The man should go out to make money for the wife and stop asking

      Delete
  5. I stopped at "keep asking" as well. My thoughts echo your sentiments. Its one thing to be down on your luck and another thing totally to just be mooching off of someone, whether they are your spouse or not. I would definitely support my husband/significant other to the best of my ability but i won't be an enabler. I would expect the same in return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've said abi typed my mind. I don't mind giving, in fact isn't giving part of love? The problem is if the man isn't trying at all, like a parasitic relationship... But then, this all boils down to the fact that many of us use Internet standards to judge and evaluate our relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  7. is wrong for a man to ask sef.a man should be the one to give,they are created to give,we re just meant to support.i cant stand a beggy beggy man


    www.bolatitoblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like jollof rice to my stomach... the more you leave a comment, the happier I get. Thanks for stopping by...I love you like kilode *mwwaahhh*